how to change gateway ip?

Post by Postmaste » Thu, 15 Feb 2001 04:28:08

i'v installed solaris 8, but i want to change the default dateway ip, how to
do?
thanx for reply

how to change gateway ip?

Post by Barry Margoli » Thu, 15 Feb 2001 04:40:45

>i'v installed solaris 8, but i want to change the default dateway ip, how to
>do?

Edit /etc/defaultrouter and either reboot or do:

route add default <new-ip>
route delete default <old-ip>

--

Genuity, Burlington, MA

1. Change gateway ip adress, no more masquerading ?

Hi, I have a linux box connected to the internet and to the local network.
It acts as a gateway to share the internet connection. It uses Mandrake 8.0
and Bastille firewall for ip-masquerading.
The internal adress in 192.168.0.1 I want to change this adress to
192.168.0.2
(we are setting up a VPN and the remote client has the 192.168.0.1 adress
also) and when I do that, no one on the network can access the internet
anymore, I checked the client IP configuration to use the new 192.168.0.2
gateway but nothing changes, I checked the dns, host, bastille configuration
and changed everything I could find with the old adress to the new one and
nothing happened.

When I go back to the previous configuration (192.168.0.1) everything comes
back to normal.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem ?

Thanks

2. Zip Drives and Linux

3. VOIP gateway can't get the IP once the ASDL modem change the new IP

4. IBM Laptop XFree86 Setup Problems

5. how to change my server 's IP and GATEWAY

6. how to work ssh with ssh2?

7. Setup, change DNS, Gateway and IP Config !?

8. Read-only FS error

9. Changing IP address and default gateway on Solaris 7

10. Changing IP Addresses, Gateways, and Masks for Solaris 2.6

11. Changing ip-adress and gateway, which files?

12. changing IP and gateway using 'ifconfig'

13. Gateway, looking for good Voice over IP gateway solution