IMAP

Post by Raje » Wed, 23 Jun 2004 16:09:50

Hi all,

I would like to know if there is a way to login to an IMAP server from
the command line (from a sun box).

I know if you want to login to a POP3 server, you can telnet to port
110 and login using the below commands:

telnet localhost 110

user testuser

pass xxxxx

I tried to use the same procedure for IMAP (telnet to port 143) server
but it didn't work. If any of you guys know the procedure for IMAP
server please reply ASAP.

Thanks,
Rajesh.

IMAP

Post by SchroedingerzK » Wed, 23 Jun 2004 17:16:16

Quote:>I would like to know if there is a way to login to an IMAP server from
>the command line (from a sun box).

Try:

a001 LOGIN username password

instead of the auth sequence for POP3.

Michael
--
michael (at) li7-123 (dot) members.linode.com

IMAP

Post by Oscar del Ri » Wed, 23 Jun 2004 21:38:43

> I would like to know if there is a way to login to an IMAP server from
> the command line (from a sun box).

Check the IMAP protocol:
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3501.html

2.2.1.  Client Protocol Sender and Server Protocol Receiver

    The client command begins an operation.  Each client command is
    prefixed with an identifier (typically a short alphanumeric string,
    e.g., A0001, A0002, etc.) called a "tag".  A different tag is
    generated by the client for each command.

6.2.3.  LOGIN Command

    Arguments:  user name
                password

    Example:    C: a001 LOGIN SMITH SESAME
                S: a001 OK LOGIN completed

IMAP

Post by Richard L. Hamilt » Wed, 23 Jun 2004 22:44:24

Quote:>>I would like to know if there is a way to login to an IMAP server from
>>the command line (from a sun box).

> Try:

> a001 LOGIN username password

> instead of the auth sequence for POP3.

And  <TAG> LOGOUT  to log out; i.e:

a002 LOGOUT

OP, please also see the latest IMAP RFC (looks like RFC2222 to me) to
actually have a clue about the protocol - unless you're up to something
bad, in which case I hope you forget how to read...

--

IMAP

Post by Richard L. Hamilt » Thu, 24 Jun 2004 08:25:16

>>>I would like to know if there is a way to login to an IMAP server from
>>>the command line (from a sun box).

>> Try:

>> a001 LOGIN username password

>> instead of the auth sequence for POP3.

> And  <TAG> LOGOUT  to log out; i.e:

> a002 LOGOUT

> OP, please also see the latest IMAP RFC (looks like RFC2222 to me) to
> actually have a clue about the protocol - unless you're up to something
> bad, in which case I hope you forget how to read...

Oops, the other guy was right - it's RFC3501.  Brain fry...

--

IMAP

Post by Raje » Thu, 24 Jun 2004 10:33:19

Thanks everyone. It works fine.

Rajesh.

> > I would like to know if there is a way to login to an IMAP server from
> > the command line (from a sun box).

> Check the IMAP protocol:
> http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3501.html

> 2.2.1.  Client Protocol Sender and Server Protocol Receiver

>     The client command begins an operation.  Each client command is
>     prefixed with an identifier (typically a short alphanumeric string,
>     e.g., A0001, A0002, etc.) called a "tag".  A different tag is
>     generated by the client for each command.

> 6.2.3.  LOGIN Command

>     Arguments:  user name
>                 password

>     Example:    C: a001 LOGIN SMITH SESAME
>                 S: a001 OK LOGIN completed

1. postfix + cyrus IMAP: central sent-mail folder on IMAP server

Hi folks,

I installed postfix and cyrus IMAP under SuSE Linux 9.0. All works
fine but the collection of sended mail for every user in a central
user-(sent-)mail folder locatet on the mail server.

Any ideas who to work this out?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

2. Implementing Kernel Support for RAID0

3. Problems connecting from Windows 2000 to Solaris (IMAP, FTP)

4. IOMEGA TRAVAN TAPE DRIVE

5. IMAP configuration

6. Creative CD-ROM drive HELP!

7. IMAP spam filtering?

8. Newbie question

9. imap & iptables

10. Openbsd 3.0 - IMAP - PHP install issue

11. Public access to Cyrus-Imap server residing inside the private network

12. Documantation for UofW IMAP rev1-where?

13. postfix and imap