High resolution GFX card for Ultra 5 or 10 ?

High resolution GFX card for Ultra 5 or 10 ?

Post by Keen Youn » Sat, 26 Jun 1999 04:00:00

We need some very high resolution displays, but want to keep costs
down. What we want is to buy Ultra 5's or Ultra 10's, and we need
1600x1280 at 16m colors. So far we've been unable to find a graphics
adapter to do this. Both Sun and Tech source (Raptor GFX) make cards
that will do 8-bit 1600x1280, but not 24-bit. Anybody know of an
option?
Thanks very much,
Keen Young

1. Change monitor resolution on Ultra 10 w/ Creator card?

I have tried using m64config to change the screen resolution on an Ultra
10 with a Creator card. This did work on other Ultra 10's with PGX24
cards but not this one with the Creator. So can someone point me to the
proper method for changing screen resolution and depth on this machine?
Oh, it has Solaris 2.5.1 on it right now.

Thanks!

--
------------
Eric Williams                             Van Vleck Observatory

(860) 685-3664                            Middletown, CT 06459
http://www.astro.wesleyan.edu
------------
What the Microsoft slogan really means to say is:
"Where do you want to go today?
It doesn't matter...your coming with us." - as seen on the web.

2. My installation experiences

3. Can Ultra-10 support high capacity IDE HD like 40GB ?

4. netbsd website

5. Setting Display Resolution Ultra 10 / Solaris 2.6

6. How to suspend spooling and align special forms?

7. How to configure monitor resolution on a Ultra 10 + Solaris 2.6?

8. Generic installation checklist

9. Ultra 10 : configuring monitor resolution?

10. Changing the Screen Resolution with Raptor GFX card?

11. Help: Xconfig for ATI ultra pro with 2M and high resolution monitor

12. Xconfig needed for ATI Ultra Pro with 2M and high resolution monitor

13. Ultra-high resolution monitor timings?