Looking for a SNMP agent running on both Solaris and SCO

Looking for a SNMP agent running on both Solaris and SCO

Post by Patrick Mass » Wed, 18 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I am new in SNMP and I am looking for an SNMP package which would
work on the maximum unix platforms, especially SCO and Solaris.

Does anybody know a MIB II SNMP agent which runs both on SCO and Solaris
2.6 platforms ?

Thank you for any help or pointers.

Patrick

Post by Philip Bro » Wed, 18 Nov 1998 04:00:00

>I am new in SNMP and I am looking for an SNMP package which would
>work on the maximum unix platforms, especially SCO and Solaris.

>Does anybody know a MIB II SNMP agent which runs both on SCO and Solaris
>2.6 platforms ?

you're confused. Get any agent you want. It doesn't matter if its from the
same place. if it's MIBII compliant, it's MIBII compliant.
So, install "something" on solaris (solaris 2.6 already comes with some SNMP
agent), and "something" on SCO, and then pickwhatever SNMP manager you like,
that understands MIBII

--
[trim the no-bots from my address to reply to me by email!]
"initiating.. 'getting the hell out of here' maneouver" - Lennier, babylon5