Need help on x86 v2.6 PPP Setup

Post by John Pa » Wed, 10 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Can point out  the best cookbook for ppp setup for solaris x86 v2.6  I
had two different sites but none of them worked for me so far.

http://www.stokely.com/unix.serial.port.resources/ppp.slip.html
http://www.riddleware.com/solx86/solarisx86.html

My asppp log said it was successful but it didn't make any call.
I'd appreciate for any help

Thanks
John

Post by Paul Schme » Wed, 10 Jun 1998 04:00:00

>Can point out  the best cookbook for ppp setup for solaris x86 v2.6  I
>had two different sites but none of them worked for me so far.

>http://www.stokely.com/unix.serial.port.resources/ppp.slip.html
>http://www.riddleware.com/solx86/solarisx86.html

>My asppp log said it was successful but it didn't make any call.
>I'd appreciate for any help

Dump aspppd and get pppd.  Much easier to set up and configure.

ftp://cs.anu.edu.au/pub/software/ppp/

Technical Support Services Manager
http://www.utdallas.edu/~pauls/
Please note: Reply to: is set to foil spammers.

"Your attitude determines your altitude"