Looking to get gcc for solaris 2.7

Post by William Schwar » Wed, 09 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I need to get gcc installed on my solaris 2.7 system.  the only thing I could
find at sunsite was for Solaris 2.6.  I managed to get that package installed,
then tried to compile a fresh gcc form source but ran into errors.  Not sure
it the errors are because the Solaris 2.6 gcc doesn't like 2.7 or if it's
something else.

What's the best way to get gcc on solaris 2.7?

thanks,
Bill

Post by Paul L » Wed, 09 Dec 1998 04:00:00

>I need to get gcc installed on my solaris 2.7 system.  the only thing I could
>find at sunsite was for Solaris 2.6.  I managed to get that package installed,
>then tried to compile a fresh gcc form source but ran into errors.  Not sure
>it the errors are because the Solaris 2.6 gcc doesn't like 2.7 or if it's
>something else.

>What's the best way to get gcc on solaris 2.7?

>thanks,
>Bill

go to sunfreeware.com.

Looking to get gcc for solaris 2.7

Post by Casper H.S. Dik - Network Security Engine » Thu, 10 Dec 1998 04:00:00

>I need to get gcc installed on my solaris 2.7 system.  the only thing I could
>find at sunsite was for Solaris 2.6.  I managed to get that package installed,
>then tried to compile a fresh gcc form source but ran into errors.  Not sure
>it the errors are because the Solaris 2.6 gcc doesn't like 2.7 or if it's
>something else.

A 2.6 specific version of gcc should work, I think.

What errors do you get (please, whenever you get errors please quote
them to Usenet)

Casper
be fiction rather than truth.