Traceroute error

Post by rcher.. » Sat, 26 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Need help

Getting error message while executing traceroute utility
error "taceroute : icmp socket permission denied"

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Traceroute error

Post by Barry Margoli » Sat, 26 Aug 2000 04:00:00

>Getting error message while executing traceroute utility
>error "taceroute : icmp socket permission denied"

Your traceroute binary has lost its setuid mode.  In order for non-root
users to use traceroute, it needs to be owned by root and have permissions
like: -rwsr-xr-x

--

Genuity, Burlington, MA