upgrade

Post by winneto » Fri, 04 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Where can i find some good documentation about an upgrade to solaris 2.6
(server with disksuite)

upgrade

Post by Jim Dav » Fri, 04 Jun 1999 04:00:00

:Where can i find some good documentation about an upgrade to solaris 2.6
:(server with disksuite)

Try the online Sun documentation at http://docs.sun.com

Of course that server is *painfully* slow, and the search facility is
still borken.  Maybe someday Sun will fix that; maybe even mirror the
site somewhere with decent bandwidth.  (And maybe I'll be the next
president of the United States.)
--
Jim Davis              | "Professor!  You turned it down again!!"

1. schedule for upgrades and the Summer [was Re: Upgrades to OS]

I suspect many people will no longer be around after mid-May or so.
So I was thinking:  the best possibility would be if 1.0 were magically
available by then.  I don't think that's reasonable.  So perhaps
a ``final beta'' version could be released by then, with enough time to
spot any major gaffs, and then anyone who leaves in May will have a good
copy to use.  Then 1.0 would be put together in the Fall.

I don't know how many people will be away for the Summer, but if it
turns out to be a lot, that would make sense, it seems to me.

Comments?

-Joel

2. ftp and bad directory components

3. To upgrade or not to upgrade, that is the question...

4. Non Maskable Interrupts

5. Upgrading Solaris-Need to upgrade Progress?

6. IP Chains Reference Material???

7. Solaris 8 upgrade using Live upgrade method

8. Compiling crack 5.0 on Red Hat 5.1

9. Kernel 2.2, to upgrade or not to upgrade???

10. Upgraded 1.0 - upgrade daemon

11. upgrade to 2.2 required libc5 upgrade?

12. 2.4 - to upgrade or not to upgrade

13. Does RedHat upgrade really upgrade including Caldera