printer hangs sol 2.4

Post by Sarah Woo » Tue, 23 Jan 1996 04:00:00

I have a problem with a printer attached to an ss2. The ss2 runs
sol 2.4, and the printer is attached to the parallel port of a SPIF
card. The problem is that if the printer is powered off whilst something
is trying to print the ss2 will completely hang. As this printer
is a labels printer and fairly prone to wrecks, powering off to avoid
electrocution whilst unsticking is not uncommon.

when the printer is powered off the messages

ppc_stat: unit 1 ERROR condition cleared
ppc_stat: unit 1 ERROR

appear on the console. I've installed the most recent version of the printing patch 101959-06

Any ideas gratefully received

        Sarah

============
Sarah Wood
Open University
England

1. Sol 2.4 <---> Sol 2.4 using serial link ?

Hi,

I'm trying to get two solaris 2.4 x86 machines to talk to each other
using a serial connection (null modem cable).

Having perused the aspppd man page I am left none the wiser as to
how I can accomplish this.

I have set ppp up successfully, so can I make use of /etc/asppp.cf and
ifconfig to get the machines talking ?

I'm running the vanilla ppp supplied with solaris, is it possible to
use this, or do I need morningstar ?

Can someone point me in the right direction ?

Cheers,

Andy.

2. Hardening OpenBSD Internet Servers Updated for 3.0

3. Sol 2.4 ethernet related hang - help!

4. problem with socket & http-proxy

5. Adding HP deskjet 540 as a local printer to sol 2.4 SS10

6. DNS problem

7. Sol 2.4 binaries under Sol 2.5.1

8. sendmail

9. Upgrade from sol 2.3 to sol 2.4

10. Sol.2.4 -> Sol.2.5 upgrade

11. uucico/uucp login failure Sol 1.1.1 -> Sol 2.4 x86

12. elm 2.4 PL24, lp, and Sol 2.4 :-(

13. Getting imake configured in Sol 2.4