Have You Seen This File?

Post by Terry MacLe » Thu, 13 Jan 1994 21:22:43

Greetings Y'all,

A SunOS 4.1.1 user asks "is /usr/lib/libsocket.a a Sun file?".

I've checked the CD-ROM that contains the SunOS 4.1.1 release
but I haven't found it there.

ar t libsocket.a reveals:
_.SYMDEF
inet.o
ne.o
unix.o

Using the "strings" cmd on it only yields a "SOCKET Version 1.3"
string.

NOTE: I know this file exists under SunOS 5.x, but we're talking
about SunOS 4.1.1 here.

If you've seen this file and know what 3rd party application
software it is a part of, please drop me a line.

thanks,

Terry
--

1. Having problems getting the Adaptec 1522b (ISA) seen

I've been trying to get our new AHA-1522B to work without
  success, it is the plug/play version.  In the past I had
  no problem with IN2000 or AHA-1542 some problems with both
  the AHA-2840/42 (very slow since version 2.0.0) and AMD53C974
  but were always get them to work.  This time I can't even see
  the controller.  When the system boots and before LILO loads
  it sees the controller and the connected devices but that is
  it.  I built the kernal several times to no end.  I also stripped
  the machine down to the bare minimum (no other controller the
  the execption of the builtin ones  IDE and floppy)

  Has anyone else seen this problem.

  Thanks

  James

2. Directory with Spaces

3. Expected </Files> but saw </Files>??

4. WOrlds Fastest UNIX Backup Software Ported to FreeBSD

5. Why the memory seen in Linux differs from the one seen in BIOS

6. Canon BJC620 support.

7. W95 sees all 96MB, Linux only sees 64MB?!

9. Memory=32 ..system sees 32MB Linus sees 16 only

10. Having trouble understanding diff. I need to comapre two files, and get a clean result!

11. Seeing long file names on novell fileshares

12. GCC2.6.2 no longer sees include files

13. not tar 'ing files which are located in dir having whitespaces