Machine won′t boot - waiting for NIS

Post by Ralf Wolfer » Tue, 08 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi all,

how can I tell my Solaris (Ultra1 with Solaris7) machine not to wait for
the NIS-Server in case of reboot?
Ive searched all the books on docs.sun.com but without success !?

Thanx in advance    Ralf

Machine won′t boot - waiting for NIS

Post by Steve Ka » Tue, 08 Aug 2000 04:00:00

boot -s

and unconfigure usage of NIS.

Steve

Quote:> Hi all,

> how can I tell my Solaris (Ultra1 with Solaris7) machine not to wait for
> the NIS-Server in case of reboot?
> Ive searched all the books on docs.sun.com but without success !?

> Thanx in advance    Ralf

Machine won′t boot - waiting for NIS

Post by Ralf Wolfer » Wed, 09 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hello Steve,

thank you for your answer but ( Ive forgot to write ) we must use the NIS
funktionality on our Machines!
In case of an error in our Network, we couldnt boot the Solaris-Stations
because of the waitfornis problem.
So is there an option like the HP-UX machines have that disable the waitfornis
?

Greetings        Ralf