Sun Solstice NFS 3.1+: NT Domain Controller Functionality

Sun Solstice NFS 3.1+: NT Domain Controller Functionality

Post by eckr.. » Fri, 05 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Is there anyway to have Solstice Network Client 3.1 Plus (or similar)
use the Authentication PCNFSD server to provide a consolidated NT
Workstation domain controller user database?

NT Server uses a domain controller to provide a consolidated network
login and is similar to NIS in that role.

Is there any way that Unix can provide the NT user database without
either a) using NT Server or b) replicating all of the NT user names on
each NT Workstation machine?

Post by Frederic MARA » Tue, 09 Dec 1997 04:00:00

>Is there anyway to have Solstice Network Client 3.1 Plus (or similar)
>use the Authentication PCNFSD server to provide a consolidated NT
>Workstation domain controller user database?

>NT Server uses a domain controller to provide a consolidated network
>login and is similar to NIS in that role.

>Is there any way that Unix can provide the NT user database without
>either a) using NT Server or b) replicating all of the NT user names on
>each NT Workstation machine?

More or less, using Samba access control. It won't give you domain
authentication, but still per-user access control to volumes.

   Frederic G. MARAND
  http://www.osinet.fr
9200+ micro prices online

1. SUN WEBSERVER 1.0 AND SOLSTICE NFS 3.1

hi,

i am running both of these programs on my ultra5 with solaris 2.6.
i believe that the conf file for Solstice is to be found in /etc, but it is
nowhere to be found..

also... where is the config files for SunWebServer1.0?
i dont even know if it is running or what....

please explain this to me like i'm a three year old..
thanks to anybody who can shed some light on the subject for me.

bryan

2. Ghostscript Quality

3. Authentication and SUN solstice NFS-client 3.1

4. /global/.devices

5. Password aging with NFS client 3.1 ( Solstice )

6. Can a script automatically read mail?

7. question about Sun Solstice Site/SunNet/Domain Manager.

8. Getting exclude (X) option in tar to work

9. pptp - obsd2.9 to nt domain, come in nt domain, over

10. AIX 3.1: ? bugs that prevent multi-user functionality

11. Solstice - sun - nfs - HELP

12. problem with Solaris 2.6 NFS client - NT Server w/ Solstice 3.2

13. Solstice - sun - nfs - HELP