Communicator 4.03 useless on Solaris

Post by Stuart Midgle » Sat, 18 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Hi again

Well, I have been having problems with Communicator 4.03 on solaris 2.6
where it decides to trash my cache after about 4 days.  Then as I start
to reload images it trashes it again and again and again (at smaller
intervals) until it is trashing my cache about every hour.

I decided to try communicator on a  solaris 2.5.1 machine and exactly
the same thing occured.  This is very annoying as I don't automatically
load images (to save on traffic costs).

Is anybody else having the same problem?  Is there some preference
setting I don't know about?

Thanks

Stu.

--
<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>

        Stuart Midgley
        Teaching and Learning Technology Support Unit (TLTSU)

        (+61) 02 6249 4874

Post by Alan Perr » Sat, 18 Oct 1997 04:00:00

: Well, I have been having problems with Communicator 4.03 on solaris 2.6
: where it decides to trash my cache after about 4 days.  Then as I start
: to reload images it trashes it again and again and again (at smaller
: intervals) until it is trashing my cache about every hour.

: I decided to try communicator on a  solaris 2.5.1 machine and exactly
: the same thing occured.  This is very annoying as I don't automatically
: load images (to save on traffic costs).

: Is anybody else having the same problem?  Is there some preference
: setting I don't know about?

I am running it on 2.6 (have been for a month, maybe) and have not seen
the problem that you are having.  Other than the fonts, the Netscape install
is as out of the box.

alan

1. Communicator 4.03 and Solaris 2.6

As a bit extra, now comminucator is thowing away my cached images every
few hours.

Stu.

--
<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>

        Stuart Midgley
        Teaching and Learning Technology Support Unit (TLTSU)

        (+61) 02 6249 4874

2. web2ldap 0.9.0rc2

3. patch for Solaris 2.5.1 for Netscape Communicator 4.03

4. script,awk,sed question?

5. Solaris 2.6 and Communicator 4.03 Problem

6. Helix Gnome panels

7. Communicator 4.03 and Solaris 2.6 - One Problem solved

8. Advance PIM (QT based Outlook clone)

9. Communicator 4.03 news reader

10. Netscape/Communicator 4.03 trouble

11. news with communicator 4.03

12. problem Netscape Communicator 4.03 not running but netscape 3.04 is running

13. Netscape Communicator 4.03