libc Tutorial

Post by Abhishek Chhibbe » Thu, 19 Oct 2000 04:00:00

hi,

Is there a online tutorial in Solaris like the one we have on linux for C
programming . Basically when we type info libc in Linux we get a list of
differnt topics on programming in Linux under C.Is there some way of getting
this info on Solaris too.

Thanks
Abhishek

libc Tutorial

Post by Joe Durusa » Thu, 19 Oct 2000 04:00:00

        You could copy the info file(s) over to solaris and install info
if you like, or you might try man -s 2 intro and man -s 3 intro, or you
might look at the answerbooks and see what they have.

Speaking only for myself,

Joe Durusau

> hi,

> Is there a online tutorial in Solaris like the one we have on linux for C
> programming . Basically when we type info libc in Linux we get a list of
> differnt topics on programming in Linux under C.Is there some way of getting
> this info on Solaris too.

> Thanks
> Abhishek

libc Tutorial

Post by lvir.. » Sun, 22 Oct 2000 04:00:00

:Is there a online tutorial in Solaris like the one we have on linux for C
:programming

Sun's c programming tutorials come on their answerbook web server, which
I believe comes as a part of the solaris distribution, as well as there
being a general server at sun.com .

--

1. libc.a and libc.so, libc.so.1libc.so.2, where is my library?

Hi,
  I'm trying to compile on a solaris system after doing a fresh os
install with developer bundles and c/c++ WS Pro compilers. /usr/lib
contains libc.so but no libc.a, <whereis libc.a> points to libc.so, but
my makefiles fail because they can't find the correct .a library files.
Where am I going wrong? What's the difference between the two? And, why
doesn't /usr/lib contain all my .a libraries? Any help would be
appreciated. I'm new to solaris development and am having a really hard
time setting up my environment to compile.

Very frustrated,

Steve

2. not enough RAM during RH 7.1 install

3. libc 2.x, libc 5, libc 6

4. Sound Blaster Configuration

5. Dejagnu Tutorial: Fees Reduced and Tutorial Descriptions for

6. uptime and multiple processors

7. awk Tutorial: Fees Reduced and Tutorial Descriptions for

8. CD ROM ERROR

9. Guile Tutorial: Fees Reduced and Tutorial Descriptions for

10. Linux Tutorial: Fees Reduced and Tutorial Descriptions for

11. Ooops..."libc.2.xx" --> "libc-4.2.xx"

12. problems upgrading libraries - libc-5.0.9 -> libc-5.2.18

13. wait[34] problem with both libc-5 and libc-6.