wu-ftpd user overwrite permissions

Post by mas.. » Fri, 18 Feb 2000 04:00:00

we're running a wu-ftpd server on our spar5/solaris2.7
setting it up was easy enough and it works fine for file
transfers, but the deamon woun't overwrite or delete
files on the server.

taking a look on the file system newly created files have all
the right permissions, correct owner and the sorts.

we had a guy from SUN setting it up and now i have replicated
the set up myself with the same result: you can not overwrite
or delete files via FTP on the server.

have anyone had the same problem? any clues?

please don't hesitate to write,

mats

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Wu-ftpd real users overwrite permission

we're running a wu-ftpd server on our
spar5/solaris2.7
setting it up was easy enough and it works fine
for file
transfers, but the deamon woun't overwrite or
delete
files on the server.

taking a look on the file system newly created
files have all
the right permissions, correct owner and the
sorts.

we had a guy from SUN setting it up and now i
have replicated
the set up myself with the same result: you can
not overwrite
or delete files via FTP on the server.

have anyone had the same problem? any clues?

please don't hesitate to write,

mats

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Getting kppp, pppd and CHAP working under Mandrake 6.0

3. wu-ftpd: how do I give different guestusers different overwriting permissions?

4. How to get the return code of the program which is executed by calling popen() finction ?

5. Maping real-unix users to another user in wu-ftpd?

6. Linux with RM rom network cards?

7. WU-FTPD Permission Issues

8. Two graphics cards

9. Log file permissions for WU-ftpd

10. wu-ftpd directory creation permissions

11. permissions for wu-ftpd?

12. wu-ftpd not respecting group permissions

13. wu-ftpd upload permissions...