Arrgh! Help me please!

Post by Rick R Kit » Sat, 10 Sep 1994 08:45:39

I am really starting to hate this stuff. Ok, I have a very
simple program:

#include <unistd.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <errno.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <sys/stat.h>
#include <fcntl.h>

main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
    int filedes, retVal;

    if(argc != 2) {
        printf("Usage:chklck <filename>\n");
        exit(5);
    }

    filedes = open(argv[1], O_RDWR);
    if(filedes <= 0) {
        printf("error opening file\n");
        exit(5);
    }

    printf("Trying file lock first!\n");

    retVal = lockf(filedes, F_LOCK, 0);
    if(retVal == -1) {
        printf("Error locking file  %d\n", errno);
        exit(5);
    }

Quote:}

which fails while locking the file. errno == 45 which means a deadlock.
At the same time, this pops up in my console:

klm_lkmgr: clnt_tli_kcreate: 22

I can find nothing about this, although I suspect it is a kerberos
security call. Does anyone have any idea what this all means? As
an incidental question, who invented all this NIS+ stuff (which I
am coming to believe is at the root of all my problems here, and
possibly could be related to rising interest rates, world hunger,
and the Cuban refugee problem).

Thanks for any help whatever.

---Rick

Just setting up FreeBSD 4, and I notice a number of differences in the
sendmail config system.  All good, I hope.

Anyway - My problem is a fairly simple one.  I cannot forward mail to my
internal machines.

/etc/mail/virtusertable:

/etc/mail/sendmail.cw contains esb.co.uk

Mail is recieved by the server, but mailq gives me:

                                (Deferred: Name server: euro2.esb.co.uk.:
host name lookup failed)

The DNS is set up okay as far as I can see...

Should the last full stop be there in the deferred message?  If not, where
will it be getting it from?

Help?

Matt

--
You can kill the revolutionary
But you can't kill the revolution!

2. Jetadmin-Ultra170E-2.5.1-CDE-HP650C = slow mouse

3. PLEASE PLEASE HELP Major problem with my SCSI & Redhat 5.0 PLEASE Help

4. Configuring KDE

5. NFS please help me please please please sniff

6. modem recommendation?

7. ARRGH! Need help getting linux installed!!!

8. How to make solaris 7 as ldap client

9. PLEASE HELP ME WITH SAMBA ??? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ????

10. Set-up woes, please, please, please help :(

11. please please please help me!

12. Please Please Please HELP