I need top program

Post by Kin Hung » Tue, 22 Nov 1994 03:16:47

Hi,

I am looking for the binary file of the top program.  Did anyone know
where can I ftp it?  We are using SunSpare 10 and running solaris 2.3.

Thank in advance!

I need top program

Post by Alfred Nathani » Thu, 24 Nov 1994 05:36:37

Quote:

>Hi,

>I am looking for the binary file of the top program.  Did anyone know
>where can I ftp it?  We are using SunSpare 10 and running solaris 2.3.

>Thank in advance!

ftp eecs.nwu.edu to get the sources for top-3.3beta.
For me it compiled out-of-the-box with gcc.

Cheers, Alfred.

I need top program

Post by Andrew Cosgri » Tue, 29 Nov 1994 14:09:56

Quote:>Hi,

>I am looking for the binary file of the top program.  Did anyone know
>where can I ftp it?  We are using SunSpare 10 and running solaris 2.3.

I got it ages ago off of comp.sources.unix (i think)

Be warned that 3.2 (the latest i have) doesn't work on multi-cpu
machines under Solaris 2.3 - does anyone know of a newer version ?

Failing that, try getting proctool from opcom.sun.ca in /pub/binaries
 - either get version 2.3.3 or, if you have motif, 2.3.6.
(the disadvantage of ProcTool is that it needs X/Openwindows)

Enjoy,
 Andrew.

--
         - Andrew J. Cosgriff -      http://yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au/~cos

          Happiness is having a scratch for every itch. (Ogden Nash)

I need top program

Post by William LeFebv » Wed, 30 Nov 1994 07:21:48

>>Hi,

>>I am looking for the binary file of the top program.  Did anyone know
>>where can I ftp it?  We are using SunSpare 10 and running solaris 2.3.

>I got it ages ago off of comp.sources.unix (i think)

>Be warned that 3.2 (the latest i have) doesn't work on multi-cpu
>machines under Solaris 2.3 - does anyone know of a newer version ?

3.3beta3 understands multiprocessor machines, but does not always
produce the correct information (but, hey, at least it runs!).

The final release of 3.3 should work correctly.  I expect to have it
out on the next by the January 1.  This new job has been keeping me
busy....

                        William LeFebvre
                        Decision and Information Sciences
                        Argonne National Laboratory

I need top program

Post by Hans Werner Stru » Wed, 30 Nov 1994 19:12:28

From version 3.3 on, top supports multiprocessors. You can ftp it, for
instance, from ftp.germany.eu.net.

--

 Drittes Physikalisches Institut,  Univ. Goettingen

1. top or top-like program for SVR4?

I guess I've been spoiled, but I became quite accustomed to using
"top" on my Ultrix boxes to help find CPU-hogs and help diagnose
bottlenecks.  Now that I'm working on machines running SVR4 (ICL DRS
6000's), I miss that ability.  So - has anyone ported top to SVR4?  Is
there a work-alike around somewhere?

Thanx in advance!

        "...Time shall not dim the glory of their deeds..."

2. compiling C++ programs with g++

3. Squid Setting IP Forward (Top Top Top Urgent)

4. libc "feature" regarding NIS

5. need recommendation for good TCP\IP program and Terminal Program for FREEBSD 2.2.6

6. Cap Gemini America, Job Opportunities in California

7. Help for script with programs controlling other programs needed

8. Sparc 1+ runs X real slow...

9. Need program to clean up after memory leaking programs

10. Need a shell program to print return value of a program

11. NEED HELP WITH PROGRAMMING POP3 MAIL PROGRAM TO RETRIEVE MAIL ON UNIX-TO-UNIX

12. Newbie: "top" program and 64-bit binaries?

13. Any top-like program for Win95?