I'm looking for software version firewall under Solaris.

I'm looking for software version firewall under Solaris.

Post by Vladisla » Sat, 16 Mar 2002 15:30:18

Hello All!

I'm trying to find out some free
firewall(soft-version) under Solaris 8(x86).  I just
know two variants: Falcon Firewall and SunScreenLite.
 The soft fire-wall it is temparary step for me, so I
don't want to pay and spend huge amount of time for
styding syntaxes...  What can you recomend to me?

Thank you very much, Dmitro

http://sports.yahoo.com/

http://www.ipfilter.org

I'm looking for software version firewall under Solaris.

Post by Ron! » Sun, 17 Mar 2002 16:38:54

Quote:> Hello All!

> I'm trying to find out some free
> firewall(soft-version) under Solaris 8(x86).  I just
> know two variants: Falcon Firewall and SunScreenLite.
>  The soft fire-wall it is temparary step for me, so I
> don't want to pay and spend huge amount of time for
> styding syntaxes...  What can you recomend to me?

    interesting post... there are many free, or at least
    reasonably priced firewall software out there... if you
    are running sol8, you already have firewall software...
    look in the early access directory on the second sun
    install disk (2of2) and install sunscreen lite... lite yes,
    functional, yes... liscenced, yes... hard to figure out
    with sparse docs, yes...

    once you get the software, will we recieve multiple
    posts from you on how to use whatever firewall
    (checkpoint, expensive, but made for morons, and
    highly effective), yes...

Ron!

Post by Philip Bro » Mon, 25 Mar 2002 13:23:15

>    reasonably priced firewall software out there... if you
>    are running sol8, you already have firewall software...
>    look in the early access directory on the second sun
>    install disk (2of2) and install sunscreen lite... lite yes,
>    functional, yes... liscenced, yes... hard to figure out
>    with sparse docs, yes...

http://www.bolthole.com/solaris/sunscreen.html

for tips on how to configure it quickly, FROM COMMAND LINE.

--
 ***   http://www.bolthole.com/resume.html  ***

http://www.spamlaws.com/state/ca1.html

1. Looking for software version tracking software

Is anyone aware of a source software package available on Unix
(preference Solaris) which attempts something like this:

o       audits your $PATH looking for known software packages
o       creates a database tracking the packages and their versions
o       compares against a database of packages and their current versions
o       provides support for downloading new versions.

Think something like CPAN only for non-Perl code .

Thanks for any ideas you might have.
--

<*> O- <URL: http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/>

2. Need help with FreeBSD dialup-firewall filtering.!!

3. Looking for compiled versions of 'force' by Brendan Kehoe

4. 2 * pAQiDtMMu-FTP SLOW ?

5. INN: NEWNEWS brokedown yesterday.

6. Network I/O using DMA

7. looking for current version of 'named'

8. Which version of Sun's CC is compatible with which version of Solaris ?

9. Looking for solution on Software Distribution and Version control

10. Audacity won't work so I'm looking for record software