Re Solaris Prompt

Post by Darren He » Thu, 18 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Thanks to everyone who e-mailed with solution - now done!

If anyone can find my original osting please delete it -
MSN Internet Explorer can't find it!

Thanks

Darren Heal

1. help with Solaris prompt

What is the order of scripts that are rund during a ksh login?  I
thought
just /etc/profile and ~/.profile; but my users are getting a command
line
prompt that I can't find where it is being set.

History:
I made a modification to the /.profile to add some information to the
PS1
prompt (machine/pwd, etc.).  I am quite certain that this is the only
place
that I made the change (not /etc/profile).  But now all users that do
not
change the PS1 variable in their own .profile are getting the one that I
set
up for root. I took it out of /.profile but no change.  Where else are
these
type of environment variables set during a login?  I put echos in the
/etc/profile and it is already set at the beginning of it.  Thanks for
any
help!

2. NIS for Linux ?

3. Solaris Prompt Format

4. wanted: isakmpd for Solaris 8

5. Changing login prompt (NOT motd or shell prompt)

6. Help choosing boot floppy for Compaq Deskpro 6000

7. How to translate Linux's PS1 prompt to Unix's PS1 prompt?

8. INSTALL PROBLEM: startx

9. How to change the login prompt to username prompt ?

10. how to create "DOS-like prompt" at shell prompt

11. pwd as prompt (was: pwd as prompt )

12. Getting from the ok prompt to the OS login prompt?

13. How can I change text login in prompt to GUI login prompt