How to push STREAMS module into socket stream

How to push STREAMS module into socket stream

Post by senthi.. » Thu, 17 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I understand that the kernel network subsystem is implimented as
STREAMS. So socket in this sense is also implemented as STREAMS.
I created a streams module and tried to push the module between IP and
TCP. The xx_open and xx_close of the streams module is called but the
xx_put function never gets called. An ioctl (..I_LIST) shows that the
module IS pushed into the socket stream.

can anyone help me with this. I need to push a STREAMS module between
TCP and IP(IP and network driver).

Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

How to push STREAMS module into socket stream

Post by Kommu Sriniva » Thu, 17 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Did you call qprocson() in your open routine?

kommu

> I understand that the kernel network subsystem is implimented as
> STREAMS. So socket in this sense is also implemented as STREAMS.
> I created a streams module and tried to push the module between IP and
> TCP. The xx_open and xx_close of the streams module is called but the
> xx_put function never gets called. An ioctl (..I_LIST) shows that the
> module IS pushed into the socket stream.

> can anyone help me with this. I need to push a STREAMS module between
> TCP and IP(IP and network driver).

> Thanks

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. What happens if a stream module is pushed onto multiple stream driver?

1.
What happens if a stream module is pushed onto multiple stream driver?
Will its open and close routines called each time when it is
pushed? And shall I write some special code to handle this situation?

2.
What happens if a stream module is opened multiple times?
Will its open and close routines called each time when it is
pushed? And shall I write some special code to handle this situation?

2. How to get Video in/ out (on GeForce) working ?

3. Solaris x86 failure to push streams module into network stream

4. How good/stable is 2.0.31?

5. How to push a module onto an existing STREAM?

6. How to Get Mach64 card working in XWindows ?

7. Pushing arbitrary STREAMS modules over an IP connection

8. CD not found - cheap peice of *%#^#

9. Solaris 10(Sparc) Fireengine push another stream module

10. Pushing modules onto mounted stream: Inappropriate ioctl for device

11. STREAMS: push module on /dev/tcp

12. Solaris 10(Sparc) Fireengine push another stream module

13. How to push a STREAMS module between ethernet driver and IP?