libc.so & libc.so.1

Post by ren.. » Wed, 07 Feb 2001 16:36:05

hello friends,

one of my user renamed the libc.so & libc.so.1 library files
in /usr/lib directory.After that obviosuly none of the command will
work (ls,mv)
It display ld.so.1: ls : fatal libc.so.1 open failed.

I solved the problem by booting thr' CD-ROM & i mounted the root
partition again i moved those library files to the same name

Is there any way to do it online ? or anyother way apart from what i did

Regards
Renga

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

libc.so & libc.so.1

Post by Martin Pau » Wed, 07 Feb 2001 18:06:54

> one of my user renamed the libc.so & libc.so.1 library files
> in /usr/lib directory.After that obviosuly none of the command will
> work (ls,mv)
> It display ld.so.1: ls : fatal libc.so.1 open failed.

That's what /usr/sbin/static/mv is there for - it doesn't depend
on shared libraries.

You need the SUNWsutl package installed, though.

hth, mp.
--
                         Martin Paul | Systems Administrator

Liechtensteinstrasse 22, A-1090 Wien | Tel: 01 4277 38803
        http://www.par.univie.ac.at/ | Fax: 01 4277 9388

1. Why did some of the networking API change between libc.so.5 and libc.so.6?

Hi all.

I have a program using dns_mkquery, gethostbyaddr_r and a few other.  I
upgraded from Slackware 3.4 to
Redhat 5.1 (too see if Redhat was really as easy as all told - but
that's a different story) and now I see that
my program doesn't build because the API to these networking routines
changed.  I can see this as
viable if the industry standard were going that way, but the UNIX98 spec
didn't seem to call for these
changes as I could see, so does anyone know why this happened.  The long
and short is that instead
of these routines having a return value (hostent **) which really only
pointed to something you'd passed
in (hostent *), you now have to pass in the item.  I dunno why this
change happened, but I don't like
having to rewrite API's without a reason.  Any ideas?  I'm not as good
as I should be on rechecking these

I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

kenbo "frustrated"

(Now that I finally have a gdb with thread support, I cannot build my
app to debug!  ARGH!)

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

2. LDAP support in Apache ?

3. libc.so.4 vs libc.so.5 ?

4. minor UFS fixups

5. How do I relink libc.so.4 to libc.so.4.4.1?

6. quick questions!

7. libc.a and libc.so, libc.so.1libc.so.2, where is my library?

8. Can not lpr...(now: problem w/ printfilter)

9. Using libc.a versus libc.so with FreeBSD

10. libc 2.x, libc 5, libc 6

11. RPM & libc.so.6 (GLIBC 2.0) problem

12. Tecra 8100 - Applixware & libc.so.5

13. COL 2.3 & libc.so.6