How can I put a module/driver below IP driver in a stream?

How can I put a module/driver below IP driver in a stream?

Post by Hadee Akhan » Fri, 10 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hello !!!

Could you please help me !!!!!

I like to add this module driver below the IP driver in network layer.
i.e. in between IP and device driver (such as ethernet, tty so on). How
can I do that? I_PUSH of ioctl puts module just below the stream head.
If I open a socket, I'll get sockmod, tcp and ip in the stream. And
probably there is a device driver down below that stream. I've tried
another way, I_POP all those three modules, and then push my module
first and then put them back at their places. But I_POP can't take out
ip, because its a driver. Is there any other way I can solve my problem?

Any suggestions? Thanks for reading this note.

Hadee

How can I put a module/driver below IP driver in a stream?

Post by Andrew Gabri » Fri, 10 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I like to add this module driver below the IP driver in network layer.
> i.e. in between IP and device driver (such as ethernet, tty so on). How
> can I do that? I_PUSH of ioctl puts module just below the stream head.
> If I open a socket, I'll get sockmod, tcp and ip in the stream. And
> probably there is a device driver down below that stream. I've tried
> another way, I_POP all those three modules, and then push my module
> first and then put them back at their places. But I_POP can't take out
> ip, because its a driver. Is there any other way I can solve my problem?

You could take a look at Darren Reed's IP-filter, which does exactly this.
http://coombs.anu.edu.au/~avalon/

--
Andrew Gabriel
Consultant Software Engineer

1. How can I put a module/driver below IP driver in a stream?

Hello !!!

Could you please help me !!!!!

I like to add this module driver below the IP driver in network layer.
i.e. in between IP and device driver (such as ethernet, tty so on). How
can I do that? I_PUSH of ioctl puts module just below the stream head.
If I open a socket, I'll get sockmod, tcp and ip in the stream. And
probably there is a device driver down below that stream. I've tried
another way, I_POP all those three modules, and then push my module
first and then put them back at their places. But I_POP can't take out
ip, because its a driver. Is there any other way I can solve my problem?

Any suggestions? Thanks for reading this note.

Hadee

2. Newbie needs help with Redhat 60

3. Bad Memory

4. Driver Module below IP

5. what's on the tape???

6. Streams drivers standard module/driver interfaces

7. understanding networks

8. Inserting streams module between IP and net driver

9. How can I add my STREAMS module Over IP driver?

10. trace connection between streams driver and IP module

11. How can I add my STREAMS module Over IP driver?

12. What happens if a stream module is pushed onto multiple stream driver?