CDE 1.0.2 unable to lock display

Post by Long » Thu, 18 Jul 1996 04:00:00

 Hi Folks,

  I have just installed CDE 1.0.2 on SS20 2.5, and all users
 could not use the lock display but root, the errorlog say
 dtsession: unable to lock display due to security restriction.

  Do you know what is wrong ?

Thank in advance

---

Long Le

CDE 1.0.2 unable to lock display

Post by Peter Rad » Sat, 20 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>  I have just installed CDE 1.0.2 on SS20 2.5, and all users
> could not use the lock display but root, the errorlog say
> dtsession: unable to lock display due to security restriction.

This is a know bug and scheduled to be fixed in CDE 1.1. The workaround
is a chmod 0555 /usr/dt/bin/dtsession.

cu,
/pr

1. CDE - dtlogin - unable to open display

Hi there,

Post hardening of a web server and somebody decides to upgrade Oracle
Application Server. Trick is it needs Xwindows for the install.
Ran Solaris 2.6 upgrade/custom and checked umpteen boxes remotely x-related.

1st boot - unable to login as the oracle process is taking up /dev/console.

2nd boot - dtlogin fails with 'Xwindows unable to open display :0...'

tried :0.0
added export DISPLAY=":0.0" to /.profile

The CDE was working before the hardening (Titan and manual labotomy)

As always it's life & death....any ideas?

Cheers,
Neil

2. Anyone help to provide suggestion for me about my server's error

3. Display locked by root in CDE.

4. Empire enjoy tv

5. Automatic Display Locking under CDE

6. Welcome to comp.unix.shell [Frequent posting]

7. CDE Lock Display Problem

8. Linux + RAD ASM-31 Modem

9. Warning: unable to tag process, Warning: unable to lock ....

10. AIX CDE <-> Sun CDE Display export - font too big?

11. unable to lock mailbox: no locks available

12. CDE, CDE, CDE, --- !@#%^*_(!#$

13. Unable to telnet or CDE login using NIS accounts after Solaris 9 upgrade