Solaris Installation Problem, PLEASE HELP

Solaris Installation Problem, PLEASE HELP

Post by fuen.. » Sat, 18 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Dear Solaris fellows:

I am having trouble installing Solaris 2.4 for x86 on my
pentium machine, (with straight IDE architecture, NO fancy
SCSI, Adaptec cards etc.)

After inserting booting floppy, and a brief system checking,
(which shows that everything is OK), the system asks me
for: "enter boot device code"

After looking for and trying several numbers that appear
in, both, my original floopy and my CD, it keeps replying:

"invalid MDB device code entered" where MDB is
"multiple device booting"

After a through search on SUN's web page, no MBD Codes found.

I called 1-800-USA-4SUN, but they couldn't help me.

I would appreciate VERY MUCH if somebody has a
any "boot device code" for Solaris x86 that I can use.

Thanks in advance.

Al Fuentes

e-mail:

1. Solaris Installation Problem, PLEASE HELP!

Dear Solaris fellows:

I am having trouble installing solaris 2.4 for x86 on my
pentium machine.

After inserting booting floppy, and a brief system checking,
the system asks me for: "enter boot device code"

After looking for and trying several numbers that appear
in, both, my floopy and my CD, it keeps replying:

"invalid MDB device code entered"

I would appreciate any clue about what is this, and
how to get it.

May be there is some generic Boot device code that
I may use.

Is there a hot line from SUN Microsystems for this sort of problems?

Thanks in advance.

Al Fuentes

e-mail:

2. Inteligent Cyclades Multi-Serial

3. Solaris Installation Problem, PLEASE HELP

4. Rogue Wave Standard C++ Library 1.2 and SPARCompiler C++ 4.1

5. SOLARIS x86 INSTALLATION PROBLEMS!! PLEASE HELP!

6. Sun kernel engineers: need help! Cryptic warning msg from a kernel

7. Solaris x86 INSTALLATION PROBLEMS! PLEASE HELP!

8. New to Solaris

9. PLEASE PLEASE HELP Major problem with my SCSI & Redhat 5.0 PLEASE Help

11. LINUX instalation problems, PLEASE HELP !?!Subject: LINUX , instalation problems, PLEASE HELP !?!

12. Solaris Installation bug; please help

13. solaris installation bug; please help