Change MTU?

Post by Charlie Bobbi » Sat, 16 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Hi,
I need to change the packet MTU on a SunOS 4.1.4 system.  I found a
definition in netinet/if_ether.h but changing that (and recompiling the
kernel) had no effect.  This is NOT a Solaris 2.x system, but I understand
that it is simple under that OS.  Any advice?  This one's pretty crucial,
gotta get an answer somehow.

Thanks,
Charlie

1. Changing MTU on an ethernet interface?

HI all,

I am hoping someone can tell me why trying to change the MTU size for an
ethernet interface to a value larger than 1500 always results in the
error message:

SIOCSIFMTU: Invalid argument

I have been using the command:  ifconfig eth0 mtu 1600

Changing the value to anything less then 1500 works as expected.  Also,
I do not seem to have this problem when changing the MTU value for the
lo interface.

Is there a way to change this limit?

regards
Dave

2. PROBLEM: nForce USB Bug!

3. Change MTU

4. how to recover data from tape on DR site?

5. Change MTU on linuxbox.

6. RealPlayer 8 on S10 woes

7. Changing MTU.

8. Solaris2.5 breaks my SPARCprinterII !?!

9. How to change MTU ?

10. Q: Changing MTU on Solaris 2.4

11. changing MTU for eth0

12. Changing Mtu when using Kppp