Viper 770 - "The X-server can not be started on Dispaly:0..."

Viper 770 - "The X-server can not be started on Dispaly:0..."

Post by june » Mon, 05 Mar 2001 03:30:46

I have a Matrox G200, Diamond Viper 770, and ATI XPERT 8mb PCI video card.
During the installation the video kdmconfig
runs properly and X starts fine. However once the system if installed X will
not start.

Running X I get message:"The X-server can not be started on Dispaly:0..."

I then have to login in text mode.  I run kdmconfig and all setting
combinations, i still get the same messgae.  I tried it on a 3 different
machines, same thing.  Can it be the version of Solaris i'm running?  I dont
know which version, might be Solaris 8 10/00.  Would a later version like
1/01 make it work?

Any suggestions

Thank you,