Can't create data socket (0.0.0.0,20): Bad file number.

Can't create data socket (0.0.0.0,20): Bad file number.

Post by Richard Wu » Wed, 04 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I'm getting an error when I run "ls" command on our ftp server.  Some
accounts have this problem while other accounts do not.  I have check
and re-checked between a working account and a non working one and they
have are similar.  We're running Solaris x86 2.5.

The error is: Can't create data socket (0.0.0.0,20): Bad file number.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

--

Wilshire Associates (310) 260-7314
WWW: http://www.wilshire.com Intranet: http://phoenix/rwun

1. FTP can't create data socket 20

I have recently setup a Linux server but can't ftp throught to it. I can
telnet through to the machine and ftp from it but when I try to ftp it I get
connected but get the following error when I thry and do a ls "cant create
data socket ipadd,20". Can anyone tell me what I have not setup or done wrong.

2. Curses on DEC

3. Teac Tape Drives?

4. It's not bad canned meat...

5. Login screen freezes after not using the pc after a while

6. root umask

7. wu-ftpd: cannot create socket port 20

8. problem w/anonymous ftp -- "Can't create data socket"

9. 'Bad file number' w/ WU-FTPD2.4 prob

10. Socket, C and "send: Bad file number"

11. WU-FTP & Can't Create Data Socket...