Output to other users' screens?

Post by Reeve Vannem » Wed, 09 Jul 1997 04:00:00

For teaching purposes, I want to be able to control the screens of
other users who are all logged in (via telnet) to my machine.  I want
their screens to be "slaves" -- anything I type in or is output to
my screen goes simultaneously to theirs.

Any software/system commands that will do this for me?

Thanks,
Reeve Vanneman
Sociology
University of Maryland

Post by Tyler Hal » Thu, 10 Jul 1997 04:00:00

> For teaching purposes, I want to be able to control the screens of
> other users who are all logged in (via telnet) to my machine.  I want
> their screens to be "slaves" -- anything I type in or is output to
> my screen goes simultaneously to theirs.

> Any software/system commands that will do this for me?

> Thanks,
> Reeve Vanneman
> Sociology
> University of Maryland

do a search for "xkibitz", it may be what you are looking for...just a
matter of "creatively" setting it up...HTH

....clipped from the web...

"xkibitz: sharing an xterm session among many X displays xkibitz is a
utility written in expect. It creates an xterm, running a shell, that
appears on two or more X displays, allowing many people to share a
single shell session."

Tyler