How to set up Background image on solarix x86 2.6.1?

How to set up Background image on solarix x86 2.6.1?

Post by Sadat Chowdhu » Thu, 17 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Fellow Readers:

I would really appreciate if someone could suggest me a way to setup a
background image in the Solaris x86 2.6.1 CDE. I do not mean changing
patterns/colors that can be done from the menus.

Thanks,

Sadat

Post by Tor Norby » Thu, 17 Sep 1998 04:00:00

> Fellow Readers:

> I would really appreciate if someone could suggest me a way to setup a
> background image in the Solaris x86 2.6.1 CDE. I do not mean changing
> patterns/colors that can be done from the menus.

> Thanks,

> Sadat

Open the Style Manager by clicking on its icon from the toolbar;
select "Backdrop". Then select the backdrop "NoBackdrop". Now you can
use xv, ImageMagick, xsetroot, etc. to set the root image. In XV you
do that from the Root menu.

-- Tor

Post by Robert B. Kast » Thu, 17 Sep 1998 04:00:00

> I would really appreciate if someone could suggest me a way to setup a
> background image in the Solaris x86 2.6.1 CDE. I do not mean changing
> patterns/colors that can be done from the menus.

Go out and get xli from:
http://www.mit.edu/afs/athena/contrib/graphics/src/xli-1.16.tar.gz

Build it...

Then do a: