HELP: Kernel thread scheduling

Post by Seunghwan, Le » Fri, 25 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Hi there

I am working on Solaris 2.5.1 and I have some problem in scheduling
kernel thread with priority 60..
That is, a kernel thread is not switched by any other threads if it
sleep and wait for event itby itself. This means that a kernel thread
has nonpreempt scheduling.
I read the book '' unix internal'' and they said kernel thread is
preempted by kernel scheduler.
Please let me know how to schedule a kernel thread without sleeping or
waiting by itself.

Best Regards

Seunghwan, Lee

1. HELP:kernel thread scheduling

Hi there

I am working on  Solaris 2.5.1. , and I have some problem in scheduling
some kernel threads with priority 60.  I guess that they aren't
preempted by any other threads if they aren't sleep or wait for event. I
think it is queer  not to be preempted because Solaris kernel thread is
scheduled by kernel scheduler in respect with solaris text book.
Please let me know how to preempte kernel threads without calling sleep
function and waiting function.

Best Regards
Seunghwan, Lee

2. not a ZMAGIC file???

3. Linux kernel scheduling of kernel-space thread - question

4. setting console to a tty

5. Linux kernel scheduling of kernel-space threads - question

6. Apache for win95 won't load ApacheModuleProxy.dll

7. Thread scheduling in Solaris threads

8. WANTED: Smart 'diff' program for etexts

9. Thread priority scheduling across linux kernels.

10. forking of kernel threads and scheduling

11. threads packages: kernel threads vs. user threads

12. Help:FIFO scheduled threads blocked on synchronization variables?

13. threads in real-time scheduling - help needed