Start an application in window environment at boot time

Start an application in window environment at boot time

Post by Franck Gauthie » Thu, 10 May 2001 01:10:12

Hi,

I have the following problem:
I need to have my application started at boot time.
The problem is that my application is requiring a window environment
such as CDE.
What is the best way to do this if it is possible?

Regards

1. Starting "X" applications at boot time

I've got a Solaris 2.6/SPARC "X" application that I want to have started
automatically when I reboot, but can't seem to convince the system to
startup
an X server and attach a client application during the boot cycle, yet still
allow
a user to log in (and use the same X server).

This is a "locked office" application, so I get to ignore the security
implications
of what I'm doing.

Pointers or suggestions would be appreciated!

2. installing tru64 (V5.0) on Alpha

3. 55 File Manager windows are starting every time I boot Solaris!!!!

4. Renaming lots of files

5. RH9: I need to start ADSL-START as root for the first time after boot ....

6. Red Hat7 Custom Installation

7. Can subsystem start with startsrc be started at boot time?

8. win98's DHCPd leases expire too fast... how 2...?

9. Needed - experienced brain in - MPEG, Windows Media 9, codec in real-time embedded system environment

10. Starting applications inside FVWM. / window characteristics

11. start an windows application from a telnet on a linux server

12. How to add boot-time environment variables?

13. Ins key in ncurses applications?