Solaris 2.6 in.ftpd and sublogins

Post by Yilmaz Oztani » Thu, 06 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hi

I'm trying to get in.ftpd to work with sublogins, i.e.

ftp> user
(username) sub
331 Password required for sub.
Password:
530 Login incorrect.
Login failed.
ftp>

This happens all the time, even though I have made an entry in the
~ftp/etc/passwd file for user 'sub'. I have included a password, but
ftpd doesn't like this. Is this the correct way to do this (I am using
the Managing Internet Information Services book by O'Reilly)?

Do I need a shadow ftp file just like the '/etc/shadow' file? If anyone
has got sublogins working with in.ftpd, please could you tell me how it
is done. I have a feling that the book may be a little out of date or
has missed something.

Thanks in advance

Yilmaz

Post by Arran Pric » Sat, 08 Aug 1998 04:00:00

> Hi

> I'm trying to get in.ftpd to work with sublogins, i.e.

> ftp> user
> (username) sub
> 331 Password required for sub.
> Password:
> 530 Login incorrect.
> Login failed.
> ftp>

> This happens all the time, even though I have made an entry in the
> ~ftp/etc/passwd file for user 'sub'. I have included a password, but
> ftpd doesn't like this. Is this the correct way to do this (I am using
> the Managing Internet Information Services book by O'Reilly)?

> Do I need a shadow ftp file just like the '/etc/shadow' file? If
> anyone has got sublogins working with in.ftpd, please could you tell
> me how it is done. I have a feling that the book may be a little out
> of date or has missed something.

> Thanks in advance

> Yilmaz

is the users shell in
/etc/shells
This is the first gotcha if the login dosent work

Hope that helps

Arran
My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of my employer

Solaris 2.6 in.ftpd and sublogins

Post by tk.. » Wed, 12 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Have you encrypted the password in the ~ftp/etc/passwd file?

1. Solaris 2.6 in.ftpd and sublogins

[...]

2. sendmail.cf

3. where to find WU-FTPD 2.6 for sparc-solaris 2.6 (binary)?

4. print "Location: ..."

5. ftpd bug in Solaris 2.5.1/2.6

6. How to write a file to a dos diskette in "A"???

7. wu-ftpd, Solaris 2.6, compile trouble

8. check harddisk for badsectors

9. Solaris 2.6 and ftpd

10. Solaris 2.6, in.ftpd, ksh

11. wu-ftpd and sublogins , How to

12. FTPd for Solaris 2.6

13. Does anonymous wu-ftpd work on Solaris 2.6?