where is tzsetwall() ?

Post by lee a mitche » Thu, 03 Aug 1995 04:00:00

I am trying to use tzsetwall() as described in
'man -s3c ctime', but unfortunately for me, the
below pgm does not compile on my system.

$ cat t.c
#include <time.h>

main()
{
        tzsetwall();

Quote:}

$ cc t.c
Undefined                       first referenced
 symbol                             in file
tzsetwall                           t.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to a.out

I can't find tzsetwall!
The following cmds don't turn out a single line of output on
my system:

$ find /usr/include -name '*.h' -print | xargs grep tzsetwall
$ find /usr/lib -name '*.a' -print | xargs nm | grep tzsetwall

Has anybody used tzsetwall on solaris 2.x?
If so, how?  And do you know were it is on your system?

thanks, lee
--

---------------------------------------
name:     Lee A. Mitchell

atlas:    5.499.3451 (atlas is the internal UPS telecom system)
voice:    502.329.3451
fax:      502.329.3597
surface:  United Parcel Service
          Floor 4-B
          1400 N. Hurstbourne Parkway
          Louisville, KY 40223-4015 / USA

Any opinions expressed above are soley those of Lee Mitchell,
not his employer.

where is tzsetwall() ?

Post by Paul Egge » Thu, 03 Aug 1995 04:00:00

I think tzsetwall was removed from libc but the manual pages weren't
updated to reflect this.  See Sun bug 1179780.

If you really need tzsetwall, you can use the public domain implementation
of the tz package in <ftp://elsie.nci.nih.gov/pub/tz*> and compile
it with STD_INSPIRED defined; this works with Sun's time zone database.

It may be simpler to remove `TZ' from your environment and then call `tzset'.

says...

I admire your passion, Chris..

The only issues which have kept myself from looking seriously at Linux
would be:

* It's Unix and the learning curve to start getting productive strikes me
as probably very steep

* It doesn't support plug-and-play.  If your hardware doesn't have Linux
drivers, it don't play..

* Not nearly the amount of developers out there doing stuff for Linux as
there are for Wintel.  Can I get MS Office for Linux?  Can I get
Photoshop for Linux?  Can I get QuarkXpress for Linux? etc.. a big turn
off for me.

--
Reuben King
Email: "reuben at texas dot net" (in plain english to foil spam-bots.

2. Bulding user interfaces on OpenWindows

3. list of spanish&latin URL's of Linux

5. NT/SQL vs UNIX/Informix running Tetra CS/3 HELP !

6. Am I touchy? Or am I right?

7. telnet to win98 via samba

11. I am si**y am I?

12. Am I an idiot..... am I? Disk mount prob....