HELP- change root password of NIS+ client and server host

HELP- change root password of NIS+ client and server host

Post by Hendrik Visa » Tue, 14 Nov 1995 04:00:00

: Hi,

: If I want to change the root password of NIS+ client station and NIS+
: server in one flat root domain, what should I do or need to take care?

on clients & servers: passwd root

DON'T do nispasswd root (since that's bad), nor chkey on the root master.

------
Groetend / Sincerely Yours

Hendrik Visage
#include <Standard/Disclaimer>
Vector Customer Support
+27 11 315 4330

HELP- change root password of NIS+ client and server host

Post by D. Ro » Wed, 15 Nov 1995 04:00:00

: : Hi,
:
: : If I want to change the root password of NIS+ client station and NIS+
: : server in one flat root domain, what should I do or need to take care?
:
: on clients & servers: passwd root
:
: DON'T do nispasswd root (since that's bad), nor chkey on the root master.
:
And don't forget a "chkey -p" after that.

1. Can't change NIS+ password in NIS+ client

hello,

I get some trouble about change NIS+ password in NIS+ clinet.

When I try to change password in NIS+ client, as follow

NIS+ client -xxx- passwd
passwd: Changing password for xxx
Enter existing login password:
New Password:
Re-enter new Password:
Permission denied

ya, I get the message, Permission denied!!!

I dont know what happen, I alreay keylogin and be authenticated.

In the log, I get the message,

Oct 13 02:35:44 NIS+ client passwd[3706]: [ID 897924 user.error]
Couldn't make a client handle to NIS+ password daemon

Oct 13 02:35:44 NIS+ client passwd[3706]: [ID 897924 user.error]
Couldn't make a client handle to NIS+ password daemon

And the more strange thing is passwd works fine in NIS+ server,

NIS+ server -xxx- passwd
Enter existing login password:
New Password:
Re-enter new Password:
passwd: password successfully changed for xxx
passwd: credential information changed for xxx

Does anyone have any idea?

thx in advanced~~~~

2. Problem about X Window

3. changing root password on a NIS+ server

4. Which X-Server can do DPS?

5. NIS+ user management [Was: Re: root changing a user's password (NIS)]

6. non anonymous ftp?

7. Changing passwords from 4.1.x client on Sol 2 server running NIS+

8. ls command hangs in certain directories

9. how to change root password on NIS+ master server

10. changing NIS+ root master root password

11. Cetral server to change root password on clients , How to do ?

12. How to let NIS server's root has the root permission in clients?

13. Changing from NIS client t NIS+ Client