Meta Key in X86

Post by Tim Eve » Mon, 19 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Does anyone know which key is the Meta Key on a MS Keyboard?  I'm
using Solaris 2.5.1 x86.  I've tried Ctrl-Esc but no luck.  Please, if
anyone knows, could you tell me?  Is there a file that I can set which
key combo to use for the Meta key?

Thanks
Tim

1. How to disable the meta-W and meta-Q key shortcuts?

For the benefit of my emacs users, I have been trying to figure
our how to disable the meta-Q and meta-W key shortcuts that cause
the window manager to quit and close, respectively, the application
in a OW window.

If you know of a way to do this, please post! Thanks much,
-w

--
"They're worse than real critics, they're Amateur Critics!"
                                              - Richard Thompson

2. please help newbie....

3. Using Windows key as Meta (Solaris x86)

4. What is WS_FTP?

5. Alt Key, Meta Key on Solaris 5.7 X terminal?

6. NetBSD's ash as /bin/sh substitute on Linux

7. ALT key, Meta Key on Solaris 5.7 Xterminal

8. tcsh command history and scrolling windows

9. Konsole and <ins> <del> keys

10. Ins key in ncurses applications?

11. mapping sparc keys to x86 keys in cde (sun faq 1543-02)

12. kde 2.2.1: Can't use Meta key in shortcuts

13. meta key doesn't work in xterms with Redhat-6.0