ppp ip-adresses variable?

Post by Dick Brui » Wed, 22 Feb 1995 00:28:44

I'm using Solaris 2.4  ppp software on my Sparc workstation.
I have a internet provider who provides me with a variable server ip-adress
as well as a variable local host ip-adress. These ip numbers vary everytime
i dial in on my internet-ppp provider.
I wonder how to cope with that situation using the standard ppp software?
I have found no options which i can use for this situation.
Anybody some ideas?
Is there a patch/update coming/available?
Have I missed something?

I think this situation is becoming more and more used, as the number of
people who want an internet connection increases, and on the other hand the
internet provider wants to be as flexible as possible in selection systems
for services.
( I have seen a FreeBsd version of pppd with that options, but that is not
the way i want to go)

* Bruijn       Albert Heijn bv

Syst. admin       1507 EA Zaandam              Phone: (++31) (0)75 593918
Store automation  The Netherlands              Fax  : (++31) (0)75 351240
* Bruijn       Albert Heijn bv

System Admin.     1507 EA Zaandam              Phone: (++31) (0)75 593918
Store automation  The Netherlands              Fax  : (++31) (0)75 351240

1. dynamic ip-adresses to fix adresses

In a dialin network the pcs get a dynamicly assigned ip-address.
in that lan the dial-in users want to access some hosts via telnet, ftp
and so on.
this is only allowed, when it is certain, that user1 has ip-address1,
user2 has ip-address2 ...

Is it possible to set up ip-masquerading or the tis firewall toolkit to
give a certain user a
fix ip-address?

Thanks
Norbert Wegener

2. Oops... The above Subject is instalation help...

3. Variable to identify the connecting ip adress

4. LILO help

5. how to get ip adress of MX host for some email adress

6. buffer layer error in 2.5.24

7. Prevent access to linux server when mac adress does not match ip adress

8. USB-DSL-Modem (AT-AR215) ?

9. PPP with dynamic IP adresses and hosts.equiv ?

10. dynamic IP adresses in PPP

11. PPP don't gets right IP-Adress

12. Cant get dynamic IP-Adress at PPP-Dialin

13. Q: two network cards with different IP-adresses