MS SQL

Post by brank » Sun, 23 Aug 1998 04:00:00

How to connect to Microsoft SQL? Is there anything like ODBC for Solaris or
any client software?

MS SQL

Post by Lee Haw, On » Mon, 24 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

Check out Intersolv website at http://www.intersolv.com they have some ODBC
drivers non Intel platform.

Thanks, tata.

>How to connect to Microsoft SQL? Is there anything like ODBC for Solaris or
>any client software?

MS SQL

Post by Andrew Gabri » Mon, 24 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>How to connect to Microsoft SQL? Is there anything like ODBC for Solaris or
>any client software?

I vaguely recall a floopy disc coming with something (most likely
a Solaris x86 2.5 Workgroup Server Lite) labelled "ODBC drivers".
I never used it, so I've no idea what it actually achieved.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Consultant Software Engineer

MS SQL

Post by Anthony Mandi » Tue, 25 Aug 1998 04:00:00

> How to connect to Microsoft SQL? Is there anything like ODBC for Solaris or
> any client software?

        The Solaris server pack has an ODBC driver. However, I think you'd
        need the lower level interface as well - which is Sybase's Open
        Client. Of course, you can connect to MS SQL Server directly with
        Sybase's Open Client (its still TDS compatible) so you don't really
        need ODBC as well.

-am