Removing password prompt for rsh and rexec

Removing password prompt for rsh and rexec

Post by Pablo J. Groberma » Tue, 26 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Does anyone know how to remove the user=B4s password prompt when doing rs=
and rexec?. I=B4m trying to rsh and rexec from a Windows NT 3.51 machine
to a Solaris 2.5 x86 with TCP/Wrappers (from Internet Gateway for
Solaris). I=B4m able to deactivate the wrappers but I still can=B4t rsh a=
nd
rexec without the password prompt.

Thank you very much.

Pablo Groberman
Rosario - Argentina

1. Removing Password: prompt for Account with no Password Solaris X.86

I have an account with a custom shell, and I only want the account
(actually require the account) to not only not require a password but to
not prompt for one.  In the man page for passwd is says to simply type
passwd -d acct
The man page says that will remove the password and not prompt for it
anymore.  However, when I log into that account the first thing it does
is prompt the user to enter a New password!
I tried removing it with -d and then locking it with -l and I still get
the same results.
From root I use passwd acct and just hit enter when it prompts for the
password.  This removes the password but it still prompts for one. Really
desperate I edited the shadow file and removed the password but I still
am prompted for it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jeff

2. EIDE CDROM install ???

3. Why do I get a login/password prompt when I use a rexec command?

4. ppp-on script

5. prompted password when I rsh locally

6. FreeBSD on laptop

7. Removing Password: prompt

8. Creating a Shared Library??

9. pam_ldap and password management and rsh/ssh without password

10. Rexec and Rsh remote X problems...

11. how do I use RCP, RSH, REXEC?

12. Solutions other than rexec or rsh

13. rsh/rexec access to Tru64 from WinNT??