hardware diagnostics

Post by Tobias Kine » Thu, 19 May 2005 15:31:07

Hi,

i am very new to solaris and i would like not know if there are any
hardware diagnostics like "diag" in AIX ??

Thank you very much in advance,
Tobias

hardware diagnostics

Post by Thomas Maier-Komo » Thu, 19 May 2005 16:01:47

> Hi,

> i am very new to solaris and i would like not know if there are any
> hardware diagnostics like "diag" in AIX ??

> Thank you very much in advance,
> Tobias

I guess this is the one you are looking for:
/usr/sbin/prtdiag

But these might also be interesting
/usr/sbin/prtconf
/usr/sbin/prtpicl
/usr/sbin/prtfru
/usr/sbin/devfsadm

Tom

hardware diagnostics

Post by love25.. » Thu, 19 May 2005 18:47:34

Try,

/usr/platform/`uname -m`/sbin/prtdiag

ok test-all

/opt/SUNWvts/bin/sunvts

Siddharth

1. Hardware Diagnostics

Also posted on I.redhat

Hi, i'm running FC4 2.16 i386 on a 1.8 Celeron with 512mg ram.

Recently I noticed that my Gigabyte DVD reader/writer was having trouble
reading dvds, after ruling out the possibility that the disc might be
faulty, is it possible that there might be a componant of the drive that
is malfunctioning?

I want to know if there are any diagnostic tools installed or can
download to check if the drive is faulty or not?

Many Thanks,
Greg

2. libpthread.so not thread safe?

3. Pentium/Triton Hardware diagnostics wanted

4. ncurses vs Turbo Vision

5. Hardware diagnostic tool

6. Problmes compiling kernel 1.3.6x

7. Hardware Diagnostics

8. ld under solaris 2.4

9. Hardware diagnostics

10. Hardware Diagnostics

11. Hardware Diagnostic tests

12. Hardware diagnostics

13. System/Hardware Diagnostics Software needed