Restricted user can still change directory when running FTP

Restricted user can still change directory when running FTP

Post by KY » Sat, 16 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I added a restricted user on the server to restrict the use of "cd" command.
It works fine on telnet session.  But when I use a webbrowser to do FTP

Initially, I got the user's home directory, but I can still click on the "up
to higher level directory".  How can I restrict a user from getting into
other directory??

Thank You

Post by Barry Margoli » Sat, 16 Jan 1999 04:00:00

>I added a restricted user on the server to restrict the use of "cd" command.
>It works fine on telnet session.  But when I use a webbrowser to do FTP

Setting someone up with a restricted shell only restricts them when they're
in the shell.

Quote:>Initially, I got the user's home directory, but I can still click on the "up
>to higher level directory".  How can I restrict a user from getting into
>other directory??

Get wu-ftpd, which allows you to configure users who are chroot'ed into
their home directory.

Don't bother cc'ing followups to me.