compiling PHP on Solaris with LDAP, but not SUN ldap

compiling PHP on Solaris with LDAP, but not SUN ldap

Post by Tom in Joise » Sat, 07 Feb 2004 03:58:50

Hi,

trying to get PHP working with LDAP but to compile it the PHP doc says
must use Ldap libraries other than Sun's.  They mention specifically 3
types - University of Michigan  ldap-3.3 package,  Netscape Directory
SDK 3.0 or  OpenLDAP.

Does anyone know of Sun's are based enough on any of these for them to
work, and if not then would installing one of those mentioned mess up
anything on Solaris 9 since it seems to ship with it's own?

Thanks,

Tom

Post by Phil Brow » Sat, 07 Feb 2004 07:12:50

> Hi,

> trying to get PHP working with LDAP but to compile it the PHP doc says
> must use Ldap libraries other than Sun's.  They mention specifically 3
> types - University of Michigan  ldap-3.3 package,  Netscape Directory
> SDK 3.0 or  OpenLDAP.

you can get php with LDAP support, from blastwave.org

compiling PHP on Solaris with LDAP, but not SUN ldap

Post by Mark Rou » Sat, 07 Feb 2004 18:22:31

Quote:> Does anyone know of Sun's are based enough on any of these for them to
> work, and if not then would installing one of those mentioned mess up
> anything on Solaris 9 since it seems to ship with it's own?

I've never succesfully got PHP to comile with Sun's LDAP libs etc.
What I normally do is grab OpenLDAP, install it somewhere out of the
way so it won't interfere with Sun's libs (/usr/local, for instance),
then build PHP with that. Works fine, and connects to Sun's LDAP
server without any problems whatsoever.

-Mark

1. SUN LDAP, Netscape LDAP (SUN), OPENLDAP, which one?????

I have been told that SUN has an LDAP server. They also seen to be
selling the Netscape version. We are running an old copy from
Netscape. We need to move this off an AIX box to a SUN. Is the SUN
product any better than the Netscape release? Will Sun dump their code
over Netscape, i.e. does Sun have a history of doing this?  What about
OpenLdap? Is this worth messing with? We would like software support,

2. Have Linix 1.1, how do I upgrade to latest version

3. OpenLDAP or SUN ONE DS5.2 HOW-TO updated with sudo+LDAP and apache+LDAP info

4. Getting Rid of LILO!?!

5. Compiling Apache-2.0.35 with LDAP modules (httpd-ldap)

6. ATI Rage 3D Pro problem on Compaq Presario PC

7. NIS v/s LDAP and LDAP compatible to pre-Solaris 8

8. lm_sensors can't find s#!t for lib's

9. solaris ldap client and AD ldap server

10. strange linking problems w/ apache with php including ldap support on solaris

11. re . apache ldap php solaris 8

12. LDAP over SSL using OpenLDAP/OpenSSL/Cyrus SASL with Netscape's LDAP server

13. question on ldap/postfix/ease of use for end users regarding ldap