reply internal mail via ELM 2.4 PL23 error

reply internal mail via ELM 2.4 PL23 error

Post by ZHOU FENGQUI » Fri, 03 Mar 1995 09:13:13

Hi,

I posted my question on comp.mail.elm and got no answer. I hope
Sb. here can give me some hints.

I have a problem to reply internal email.
I am using ELM 2.4 PL23.

When I try to reply sb, I got an email bounced saying:

But elm can populate the user name correct under

Could you please email me your suggestion if you know?

PS. 1. I am using Solaris 2.3.
    2. I got elm binary file from a friends, so I do not have source to
recompile.

Thanx a lot in advance!

Post by Kenny L » Sun, 05 Mar 1995 12:44:07

>I have a problem to reply internal email.
>I am using ELM 2.4 PL23.

>When I try to reply sb, I got an email bounced saying:

>But elm can populate the user name correct under

>Could you please email me your suggestion if you know?

>PS. 1. I am using Solaris 2.3.
>    2. I got elm binary file from a friends, so I do not have source to
>recompile.

I hear of this problem before from my counterparts,
the problem was traced to be a different domain name
used in the binary distribution,     So get a source
distribution and recompile it should fix the problem.

Good lucks...

Kenny

1. Q: Fix for Elm 2.4 pl23/Solaris 2.3/group ownership

Pardon what I'm sure as been asked a few billion times before..

But what was the fix to get Elm 2.4 to quit messing up the
group ownership of mail spool files under Solaris 2.3?

I'm sure I've seen the problem discussed before, but
I can't find the answer anywhere.

Thanks!

David Holland

--
David Holland

Dream another dream, this dream is over. (Van Halen)

2. htaccess <directory> err 500

3. elm 2.4 pl23 on Linux !!

4. My Linux Build Wasn't Slow After All

5. Reply mail automatically using elm ?

6. Restricting relaying

7. sendmail, elm, mail, mailx - need to prevent replies

8. Q: is process xy running? how?

9. elm 2.4 PL24, lp, and Sol 2.4 :-(

10. testing, please reply via mail

11. KNode and KMail do not reply via Mail

12. INTERNAL ERROR in Sparc/Solaris 2.4 assembler

13. Elm problem: elm can't read mail file, why?