calendar manager daemon problems

Post by Elser Gerha » Sat, 05 Aug 1995 04:00:00

We had a disc crash on one of our Sparc Classics (with Solaris 2.3).
So I had to ufsrestore the whole machine on a newly disc. So far
everything works - EXCEPT rpc.cmsd - it does not answer and
the inetd says that it is looping and therefore drops this service.

The line in inetd.conf is:
100068/2-4  dgram   rpc/udp wait root /usr/openwin/bin/rpc.cmsd rpc.cmsd

What is wrong with this service or inetd after our full recovery ?

Thanks for any help
Gerhard
--
        o                    Gerhard ELSER
      o                      Head of Development Department

      o                      Tel: +43 316 28 16 16 90
        o                    Fax: +43 316 28 16 16 983 or 981

1. Calendar Manager, File Manager, and Screenblank

Hi,

I have several questions, one of which I already posted once, but never got
an answer that worked.
I have a Sparc 10/30 running Solaris 2.2.

1) Using the Openwindows File Manager:  find has never worked.  I can do all my
find files from the command prompt, but I would like to get this working for
users moving from PC's.  Has anyone ever had this work for 2.2?  Do I need
patches?

2) Trying to get Openwindows Calendar Manager to write to calendars I moved
from 4.1.3.  I can browse my old calendars fine, but when I try to insert
new appointments I get a 'You do not have insert access to calendar' message.
I have followed all the trouble shooting guides in the anserbook, i.e. checking
to see file permissions are correct, etc..., all to no avail.  Any help would be
abbreviated.

3) Screenblank: I am using Jef Poskanzer's newest screenblank (Aug25) and
it works great.  My only question is where to put the command so that it is
automatically restarted on reboot.  I have tried to read through the FAQ lists,
but am getting confused.  It seems like I should put a file called S##screenblank
with the command screenblank as its contents.  Is this correct?  What should
## be.  Also what directory(directories?) /etc/rc#.d should this be linked to?

Thanks,
Robert Mentle
Applied Physics Laboratory

2. Monitoring production of an IBM 3090

3. WebEvent 3.04 released - Web Calendar, CGI Calendar, WWW Calendar

4. Mail Return Address

5. calendar manager problem

6. Mozilla and acrobat reader plugin

7. Q:UPS

8. security problem with OpenLook calendar manager V 3.3

9. calendar manager problems

10. Calendar Manager (cm) problems in 2.4

11. The User Manager Daemon - SENDMAIL problems!!

12. Sco Open Server 5 calendar daemon