Sun Micro. 3/60 or 3/80

Post by Zachariah Amel » Thu, 02 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hi!  I am wondering if any of your fine people can tell me where I might
get my hands on an old 3/60 or 3/80 workstation running SunOS?

Thanks a lot!

Sun Micro. 3/60 or 3/80

Post by cjt&trefoi » Thu, 02 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> Hi!  I am wondering if any of your fine people can tell me where I might
> get my hands on an old 3/60 or 3/80 workstation running SunOS?

> Thanks a lot!

I see them at the Goodwill from time to time.  If you ask them, they
might call you if one comes in.

Sun Micro. 3/60 or 3/80

Post by Zachariah Amel » Fri, 03 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> > Hi!  I am wondering if any of your fine people can tell me where I might
> > get my hands on an old 3/60 or 3/80 workstation running SunOS?

> > Thanks a lot!

> I see them at the Goodwill from time to time.  If you ask them, they
> might call you if one comes in.

Would you have contact information for them?  Thanks.

1. NetBSD on Sun 3/80 locking up (Re: Sun 3/60)

(Xpost comp.unix.bsd.netbsd.misc)

|> Do you want to boot SunOS, BSD or Linux ? There is a netboot kernel for BSD.
|> Take a look at http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/sun3/
|> There you will find some usefull stuff on how to netboot a SUN3/60.

|> If you have any question you can send me an e-mail.

I got two 3/80's to run NetBSD 1.4.2 this way, but am experiencing
"lock-ups" where a root console login, or an slogin session, or a
telnet attempt, will stop dead. Only way out I found so far is L1-A
and reboot. Seems to happen after a couple of days.

I am using a kernel without esp and built on the machine itself.
16 megs RAM, plenty of swap.

--

2. F5D5020 Belkin PCMCIA network card

3. NetBSD on Sun 3/60 or 3/80

4. How can I use Zip drive(parallel port)?

5. kernel: 80 80 80 80

6. How to set PATH for root

7. lilo L 80 80 80 80.....

8. Problem installing on Thinkpad 750

9. LILO & SCSI - L 80 80 80?

10. Lilo gives me an "L 80 80 80"

11. LILO "L 80 80 ... 80" Message

12. Sun display flickering on SunBlade 2000 and Sun Ultra 60 Stations

13. SCSI Ultra 320 HDD on Sun Ultra 60