print jobs stopping on last page (Sparc 20 w/Sun T.S.)

print jobs stopping on last page (Sparc 20 w/Sun T.S.)

Post by Greg He » Thu, 09 Mar 1995 23:16:38

For  some time we have been experiencing problems when printing through our
Sun (Xylogics) 48 Port Terminal Server.  On random occasions, a print job will
halt on the last page of a printout, no form feed, no nothing.  It does not
appear to be related to flow control because large print jobs go through
without a hitch (unless of course they stop on the last page).  If you send
the same file again, the same thing happens.  If you modify the file slightly,
it usually goes through fine the next time. It appears to be a problem
with the terminal server, however, no amount of configuration of the
terminal server seems to fix this problem.

I knew it was a slim chance, but I waited for Solaris 2.4 to see if
the problem would still plague me.  Nothing.  I've run out of clues.  Any help?

Thanks,

Greg

--
Greg Heim
System Administrator

1. Sparc 5 vs Sparc 10 vs Sparc 20

New to the group, so please be easy on me.

Here's my question:

Is there a performance difference between a 5, 10, or 20?  During a
recent exercise we conducted, that users were complaining about their
clients being too slow.  They asked to be upgraded to a Sparc 20 to
alleviate their woes.  Walking around doing a dmesg grep -i cpu, we
found that the 5's or 10's actually had a faster processor than the
20's.  Sometimes the RAM was higher on the 20's, sometimes not.   Is
there some sort of performance rating on different models published
somewhere?  Or is it dependent on the architecture of the box itself?
My suggestion was to walk around and pencil in an extra 0 on the case
so they'd think they had a higher model !  Customer service!!

If this is too vague, please let me know and I'll try to be as
specific as I can without compromising security.

Boz
(no certifications as of yet)

2. Error message I don't understand! Help!

3. print job stops at 130 pages !

4. LaTeX on Linux

5. Adding a non-Sun CD-ROM to SPARC 20...

6. Umlaut-keys not working in pl14

7. Sun Sparc 20 w/linux - modem?

8. on an unmounted device, extract a file given its inode number.

9. Communication between Indigo 2 and Solaris Sun Sparc 20

10. How to use the SUN Sparc 20 on board ISDN hardware

11. Probem with modem on Sun Sparc 20 with Solaris 2.5

12. cannot read floppies on SUN Sparc Super 20

13. Sun Sparc 20 disk partition/fs disaster