Try to install Solaris 10 but reboot from HD fail.

Try to install Solaris 10 but reboot from HD fail.

Post by toto » Wed, 08 Dec 2004 04:32:28

Hi,
I have downloaded and burned the last Solaris 10 b69 for x86.
CD1 boot, install program ask me some questions and begins to install stuff.
All is ok and first reboot occurs. At this point, i am blocked since my
system do not boot from hard disk.
It's like there is no boot sector.
I have tried many configurations but i have always the same problem.

Any suggestions will be appreciated since i have really no idea where is the
problem.

Alain.

My hardware:
duron 1GHz, 512MB, MX440.
MB MSI 6330 VIA chipset kt133 with recent bios.
hard disk: 60GB IDE IBM & 2GB SCSI Seagate (adaptec 2940 scsi card).
I have tried with SCSI only and IDE only connected, with udma disabled, with
plug and play disabled, with virus protection disabled (in bios).
I have checked boot order,...

Post by Anonymou » Thu, 09 Dec 2004 13:27:28

> Hi,
> I have downloaded and burned the last Solaris 10 b69 for x86.
> CD1 boot, install program ask me some questions and begins to install stuff.
> All is ok and first reboot occurs. At this point, i am blocked since my
> system do not boot from hard disk.
> It's like there is no boot sector.
> I have tried many configurations but i have always the same problem.

> Any suggestions will be appreciated since i have really no idea where is the
> problem.

> Alain.

> My hardware:
> duron 1GHz, 512MB, MX440.
> MB MSI 6330 VIA chipset kt133 with recent bios.
> hard disk: 60GB IDE IBM & 2GB SCSI Seagate (adaptec 2940 scsi card).
> I have tried with SCSI only and IDE only connected, with udma disabled, with
> plug and play disabled, with virus protection disabled (in bios).
> I have checked boot order,...

Check the SUN hardware compatibility list then.
http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/hcl/data/9/systems/views/desktop_server_s...

Anonymous

Try to install Solaris 10 but reboot from HD fail.

Post by toto » Fri, 10 Dec 2004 04:29:08

Quote:> Check the SUN hardware compatibility list then.

http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/hcl/data/9/systems/views/desktop_server_s...

Quote:

> Anonymous

Thanks you anonymous.

1. Trouble trying install Solaris 10 in a new HD

Im trying install Solaris 10 in my Ultra5 with a new HD (Maxtor
Diamond Plus 8 - 40GB).

All works fine until the second disk. When I reboot the system to put
second disk I get the message:

 Rebooting with command: boot

 The file just loaded does not appear to be executable.

 The file just loaded does not appear to be executable.
 ok

Im trying format this new disk, but I get messages below:

 AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS:
       0. c0t0d0 <Maxtor 6E040L0 cyl 19677 alt 2 hd 16 sec 255>
device_1

 Specify disk (enter its number): 0
 selecting c0t0d0: device_1
 [disk formatted, no defect list found]
 Warning: Current Disk has mounted partitions.

 FORMAT MENU:
        disk       - select a disk
        type       - select (define) a disk type
        partition  - select (define) a partition table
        current    - describe the current disk
        format     - format and analyze the disk
        repair     - repair a defective sector
        show       - translate a disk address
        label      - write label to the disk
        analyze    - surface analysis
        defect     - defect list management
        backup     - search for backup labels
        verify     - read and display labels
        save       - save new disk/partition definitions
        volname    - set 8-character volume name
        !<cmd>     - execute <cmd>, then return
        quit
 format> repair
 Controller does not support repairing.
 or disk supports automatic defect management.
 format> label
 Ready to label disk, continue? no
 format> format
 Cannot format this drive. Please use your Manufacturer supplied
formatting
 utility.
 format>

Could you help me ? What can I do to install Solaris 10 in my new HD ?

Thanks.

2. Problem with exports file.

3. 4.1 install fails on 10 GB IDE HD

4. problems with win-teachers:

5. solaris 10 flash install postdeployment and reboot scripts

6. strange error

7. Install Solaris 10 x86 from ISO on HD?

8. digital SCHOLAR set of commands

9. trying to use tftp to install solaris from redhat 7.0 onto sparc 10

10. Solaris 10 (build 63) upgrade fails on Solaris 8 as well as Solaris 9 sparcs

11. Failed install u5 solaris 10

12. Trying Application suite that usually runs on Solaris 8 to run on Solaris 10

13. Solaris 10 1/06 OK, but Solaris Express Build 33 and 36 fail