Increasing COM2 serial port speed for 2.6 x86

Increasing COM2 serial port speed for 2.6 x86

Post by Wanamak » Mon, 16 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Hey, it's me again.  Now that I got pppd to work, I noticed that I can't connect
above 33.3k.  I have a USR x2 internal modem.  I saw a patch that is supposed to
increase the serial port speed for 2.5 but not for 2.6.  Is there a simple file
that I can edit to change the serial port speed to 57600 or 115200??

Thanks again!!
Dave

Increasing COM2 serial port speed for 2.6 x86

Post by Andrew Gabri » Tue, 17 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

>Hey, it's me again.  Now that I got pppd to work, I noticed that I can't connect
>above 33.3k.  I have a USR x2 internal modem.  I saw a patch that is supposed to
>increase the serial port speed for 2.5 but not for 2.6.  Is there a simple file
>that I can edit to change the serial port speed to 57600 or 115200??

I just updated the patch, but I don't have a 2.6 system I can
easily try it on at the moment, so perhaps someone will tell
me if it works. Your /platform/i86pc/kernel/drv/asy file must
be 22504 bytes or the patch will fail. I'm not sure if this is
FCS or a DU'ed version of the asy driver, without looking at my
notes which are not with me at the moment.

   http://www.cucumber.demon.co.uk/solaris/x86asy-1.7.sh

--
Andrew Gabriel
Consultant Software Engineer

Post by abcsverk.. » Tue, 17 Feb 1998 04:00:00

: Hey, it's me again.  Now that I got pppd to work, I noticed that I can't connect
: above 33.3k.  I have a USR x2 internal modem.  I saw a patch that is supposed to
: increase the serial port speed for 2.5 but not for 2.6.  Is there a simple file
: that I can edit to change the serial port speed to 57600 or 115200??

It is my understanding that the speed 115200 is supported at least
since 2.5.1

I'm using the bundled ppp at home (2.6) and all I had to do
(if I remember correctly) was to edit /etc/uucp/Systems to set the
speed at 115200

--

First three letters irrelevant for E-mail reply...

Increasing COM2 serial port speed for 2.6 x86

Post by Andrew Gabri » Tue, 17 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

>It is my understanding that the speed 115200 is supported at least
>since 2.5.1

Yes, since somewhere around DU4 for 2.5[.1].

However, if you want to run > 38.4k with software written
before then, you need the patch as it won't know how to
ask for the higher speeds.

This is explained in:

    http://www.cucumber.demon.co.uk/solaris/x86asy.html

--
Andrew Gabriel
Consultant Software Engineer

1. HELP!: How to set serial port speed (2.6)

I'm trying to set the serial port speed on a Pentium 2 running Solaris
2.6. I want to redirect output to ttyb, and the receiving device (a
powerswitch) has a fixed baudrate (2400). How can I setup Solaris to use
this speed on the port????

Have tried with Admintool and eeprom/Configuration Assistant, but
nothing helps. All help would really be appreciated!!

Thanks in advance

Trond Are Bakaas
Scali A/S
http://www.scali.com

2. gil process using a lot of CPU time

3. 2.6 x86 Serial Port/Modem Installation Problem

4. Xterm Color Customize

5. HELP -- Sol 2.6 x86 -- How do I add extra serial ports

6. expect with input

7. How to increase the serial port's speed to 115200?

8. Where in ComputerLand is UnixWare? Oh, where can it be?

9. maximum speed of x86 serial ports

10. Problems with ttyS1 (COM2) Serial Port

11. Solaris 8,9,10 serial consoles via serial port how to raise speed?

12. can't find the COM2 port on sol2.5 X86

13. printing via com2 serial port