CD Player and MP3 Player for Solaris 8

Post by Mark Tepsi » Thu, 06 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Can someone point me in the right direction to download a Solaris 8 CD
Player, and a decent MP3 player?

Thanks a lot!

Mark Tepsic

CD Player and MP3 Player for Solaris 8

Quote:> Can someone point me in the right direction to download a Solaris 8 CD

XMMS binary at http://www.fmi.mh.se/~sverkere/

--
First three letters irrelevant for E-mail reply...

Post by nosp » Thu, 06 Apr 2000 04:00:00

>> Can someone point me in the right direction to download a Solaris 8 CD
>> Player, and a decent MP3 player?

>> Thanks a lot!

>XMMS binary at http://www.fmi.mh.se/~sverkere/

Here's a site with a Sparc binary for Solaris 7, perhaps they will make a
Port to Solaris 8, if changes are needed.

http://www.scms.rgu.ac.uk/staff/jr/computing/unix/xmms/

XMMS works with the Sun Ray, though it can be a bit jerky with any of the
graphical plugins.

1. Sound, Real Player, and MP3 players

I have gotten sound to work on everything, except Real Player, and the
various MP3 players, that I have unsuccesfully tried to use.  I was
exploring this problem, when I looked at was was in /dev/sndstat  :
Sound Driver:3.5.4-960630
Kernel: Linux localhost.localdomain 2.0.32 #1 Wed Nov 19 00:46:45 EST
1997 i686
Config options: 0

Installed drivers:

Card config:

Audio devices:
0: Sound Blaster 16 (4.16)

Synth devices:
0: Yamaha OPL-3

Midi devices:

Timers:
0: System clock

Mixers:
0: Sound Blaster

I noticed that there is nothing installed under Midi devices.  Now,
I don't know what these other programs that have worked use, and I don't
know what Real Player, or the MP3 players use, but the only connection
that I can come up with is that the Real Player and the various MP3
players use Midi, and that is why they aren't working.  I used sndconfig
(under Red Hat 5.0) to configer my soundblaster 16 PnP.  I would think
that since it configured everything else, that it would configure Midi,
but it seems like it didn't.   Does anyone one have the Sound Blaster 16
PnP card, and has gotten Real Player, or any MP3 player to work?  If
yes, could you  'cat /dev/sndstat' , and tell me what you came up with,
and if you have any midi installed.  If you did something extra to get
midi to work, could you tell me what you did.  Any advice would help.
Thanks.

Mike

2. Secure NFS SetupQ's/Problems

3. MP3 Player & VCD Player

4. packages (tar vs diff)

5. MP3 Player 4 MP3 CD's?

6. Term program.

7. cd/mp3 player for Solaris 9

8. What version of Linux should I use?

9. FAT16 on CD??, was Re: How To Burn An MP3 CD For Player?

10. MP# player and CD player

11. Z-Player CD-Rom player from ZDS ?

12. Need mp3 to mpy file converter for RCA Lyra RD1080 mp3 player

13. Best CD and MP3 players?