Build Apache 1.3.27 for Solaris 8

Post by Fred » Tue, 22 Oct 2002 23:14:14

I have to upgrade a number of hardened webservers to Apache 1.3.27 as
there are a number of security issues with the older version of this
software. How do I verify if all the necessary packages are on my
server. Are there any test-scripts available for this purpose? A
precompiled 1.3.27 would help as well... ;-)

Looking forward to reading your comments, I remain with kind regards,

Fred

Post by Dave Uhrin » Wed, 23 Oct 2002 08:33:27

> I have to upgrade a number of hardened webservers to Apache 1.3.27 as
> there are a number of security issues with the older version of this
> software. How do I verify if all the necessary packages are on my
> server. Are there any test-scripts available for this purpose? A
> precompiled 1.3.27 would help as well... ;-)

I'm not sure if they have updated the scripts yet for 1.3.27, but have a
look here:

http://www.apachetoolbox.com/

1. Compiling Apache 1.3.27+SSL on Solaris 2.8

Hi

I'm trying to compile apache 1.3.27 on a Solaris 8 machine, I'm using gcc
2.95.3, I have installed the Berkeley db libraries from
www.sunfreeware.com, these have installed into /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.3
when I run configure with the following options is can't find the
Berkeley-DB libraries.  The output from configure is as follows

Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.27
 + using installation path layout: Apache (config.layout)
Creating Makefile
Creating Configuration.apaci in src
Creating Makefile in src
 + configured for Solaris 280 platform
 + setting C compiler to gcc
 + setting C pre-processor to gcc -E
 + checking for system header files
 + using custom target name: httpsd
 + adding selected modules
    o rewrite_module uses ConfigStart/End
      disabling DBM support for mod_rewrite
      (perhaps you need to add -ldbm, -lndbm or -lgdbm to EXTRA_LIBS)
    o dbm_auth_module uses ConfigStart/End
    o db_auth_module uses ConfigStart/End
Error: None of Berkeley-DB 1.x, 2.x or 3.x libraries found.
       Either disable mod_auth_db or provide us with the paths
       to the Berkeley-DB include and library files.
       (Hint: INCLUDES, LDFLAGS, LIBS)
I've tried to set the environment variables INCLUDES LDFLAGS and LIBS to
the following values -

INCLUDES=-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.3
LIBS=-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.3
LDFLAGS=-ldb3

but to no avail, I have also tried adding those lines to the file
src/Configuration

Anyone got any ideas or can point me to some decient documentation

Thanks

Mark

White Rose Grid Project, Department of Computer Science,
University of York Heslington, York, YO10 5DD
Reception: +44 1904 432722, Direct Dial: +44 1904 432722

Remove -nospam to reply

2. nscd strategy files/nis and configuration file

3. Why is there no binary distribution for 1.3.27 for solaris 2.8 in apache.org

4. Linux/*BSD more than an OS, there are important.

5. Apache 1.3.27 Binary files

6. <test> please ignore

7. using .htaccess files in apache 1.3.27 virtual dirs

8. System Call

9. apache 1.3.27 make errors

10. mod_dir to use hostname instead of ServerName (Apache 1.3.27)

11. Apache 1.3.27 + PHP + ISO-10646-UCS-4

12. Apache 1.3.27 & mod_rewrite problem.

13. apache 1.3.27