Any Jumpstart Experts?

Post by Stephen Sheldo » Fri, 25 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I have been attempting to configure my first jumpstart server. While I
believe I have everything set correctly, I have been constantly getting
this nagging message "Warning: Could not find matching rule in
rules.ok",
when I try to jumpstart a server. The immediate response would be that
my
rules are wrong, but I have used textbook example rules, and various
ones
with no success, so please read on.

I have included output from my /etc/bootparams and rules.ok file if it
helps. Also included is the relevant parts of the actual jumpstart, with
dump of the variables.

meredith# more /etc/bootparams
yarah root=meredith:/usr/local/jumpstart/Boot
install=meredith:/usr/local/jumpstart
/Solaris_2.6 boottype=:in sysid_config=meredith:/usr/local/jumpstart
install_config=m
eredith:/usr/local/jumpstart  rootopts=:rsize=32768

meredith# more rules.ok
any    -      -       host_class      -

{0} ok boot net - install

2ec00 hostname: yarah
root server: meredith
root directory: /usr/local/jumpstart/Boot
Using sysid configuration file meredith:/usr/local/jumpstart/sysidcfg
Starting remote procedure call (RPC) services: sysidnis done.
Starting Solaris installation program...
Searching for JumpStart directory...
Warning: Could not find matching rule in rules.ok

SI_ARCH
SI_DISKLIST
SI_DISKSIZES
SI_DOMAINNAME
SI_HOSTADDRESS
SI_HOSTID
SI_HOSTNAME
SI_INSTALLED
SI_INST_OS
SI_INST_VER
SI_NETWORK
SI_OSNAME
SI_TYPE
SI_BEGIN
SI_CLASS
SI_CONFIG_DIR           /tmp/install_config
SI_CONFIG_PROG          rules.ok
SI_CUSTOM_PROBES_FILE
SI_FINISH
SI_KARCH
SI_MEMSIZE
SI_MODEL
SI_NUMDISKS
SI_PROFILE
SI_ROOTDISK
SI_ROOTDISKSIZE
SI_SYS_STATE            /a/etc/.sysIDtool.state
SI_TOTALDISK

From the start, my server boots fine, it finds my jumpstart directory,
/usr/local/jumpstart, and also has no problem finding my "sysidcfg" file
in
the jumpstart directory. It finds a rules.ok file but finds no matching
rule.

Some things: I have played with various combination of rules in my
rules.ok
file, all of which do match my system, I am attempting to jumpstart. My
profile file "host_class" does exist in /usr/local/jumpstart. I have
parsed
through some of the jumpstart scripts, and what gives the message
"Warning:
Could not find matching rule in rules.ok" is when the variable SI_CLASS
has
no value as can be seen above.

My conclusion is that this problem has nothing to do with the syntax or
existance of my rules.ok, which seem correct. I am thinking that the
jumpstart program is finding a different rules.ok from the Solaris
distribution. But this is a guess on my part.

I would appreciate any feedback or help on this problem. It would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Stephen Sheldon

Any Jumpstart Experts?

Post by Hemant Sharm » Fri, 25 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I don't see a profile file for host_class. If it is not there ,you
need to create a file with this name  and mention the keywords
install_type,partitioning and cluster.
you should be able to check rules by running check script which will
report error if any.

Hemant Sharma
http://www.adminschoicde.com
The best of web for sysadmins.

> [...]

> file, all of which do match my system, I am attempting to jumpstart.
My
> profile file "host_class" does exist in /usr/local/jumpstart. I have
> parsed
> through some of the jumpstart scripts, and what gives the message
> "Warning:
> Could not find matching rule in rules.ok" is when the variable
SI_CLASS
> has
> no value as can be seen above.

> My conclusion is that this problem has nothing to do with the syntax
or
> existance of my rules.ok, which seem correct. I am thinking that the
> jumpstart program is finding a different rules.ok from the Solaris
> distribution. But this is a guess on my part.

> I would appreciate any feedback or help on this problem. It would be

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Any Jumpstart Experts?

Post by Aaron B Simpso » Fri, 25 Aug 2000 04:00:00

: I have been attempting to configure my first jumpstart server. While I
: believe I have everything set correctly, I have been constantly getting
: this nagging message "Warning: Could not find matching rule in
: rules.ok",
: when I try to jumpstart a server. The immediate response would be that
: my rules are wrong, but I have used textbook example rules, and various
: ones with no success, so please read on.

: I have included output from my /etc/bootparams and rules.ok file if it
: helps. Also included is the relevant parts of the actual jumpstart, with
: a dump of the variables.

: meredith# more rules.ok
: any    -      -       host_class      -

        Are you editing rules.ok directly? You should be editing rules
and running the check script in the jumpstart directory to create
rules.ok. If you are, then I don't know what it is. :)

--

 The University of Texas at Dallas - Network and UNIX Services
  http://www.utdallas.edu/~asimpson/              Blessed Be!

1. Vacatures voor een Platform Expert CSIRT en een Expert NIDS

Philips zoekt twee experts op het gebied van internet-beveiliging.

Iets voor jou? Kijk op:
http://www.careers.philips.com/Client40_Philips/BU1/External_Pages/Jo...

selecteer als country: Netherlands

selecteer als city: Eindhoven

selecteer als area of interest:  Information Systems/Technology

selecteer als keyword search CSIRT voor de Platform Expert CSIRT(6250)
en NIDS voor de Expert NIDS (6253).

Olaf Otten
Recruiter OIM
Eindhoven

2. Default Route Set OK (by pppd), but its not being exported?

3. Problems With X Windows and ATI Expert Expert 98 (Rage Pro) on Red Hat 5.1

4. Why so many intr/s? VM problem?

5. Jumpstart x86: How not to PXE after jumpstart finishes and reboots ...

6. yet another question on file names with spaces?

7. Jumpstart 2.5.1 Client from a 2.6 Jumpstart Server

8. XFree86 2.0 Where to get ?

9. Jumpstart not jumpstarting a Sparcstation2

10. GEZOCHT - LINUX expert voorkeur OS embedded applicatie

11. LIDS configuration ... any experts out there?

12. "Linux experts", competitive advantage nonsense, was Linux as dial-up ISP.

13. Palo Alto, CA: IP and Kernel Experts For Filter Product